*Post pictures of your duck pen/coop!!* :)

Quote:
Sounds like you need a hobby buddy nearby...I would help if I lived by you (I love helping on projects-so much fun-especially with ducks too!) I know I would get so much more done if I had a little help here and there. I do allright by myslef on most projects and they come out looking pretty nice, but I dare not ask my husband for help of certain things...he works really hard and comes home tired and the last thing I want to do is try to explain what I need him to do to help me...have him get confused and screw it up and then start an argument... ugh...
we are still newly married and I am learning that I just have to do certain things without his help-or else suffer the setbacks from the unhandyness of my husband (his darn parents were stinking rich and didn't teach him anything about anything---luckily his NANNY!!!! taught him how to cook a little and speak spanish-before he learned english--and he is a great fisherman). Thank God my husband has so many other good points, because he sure as heck can't build or fix things to save his life-I suppose that is why we are compatible- we have very different abilities that compliment eachother.

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the comments! Yea that kitten and his brother seem to find their way into a lot of pictures...

Here's a view from the inside. I usually have a partition seperating the chickens from the ducks, but for the sake of this picture I took it out.

That box on the right will eventually be an egg box for the larger chickens I'll eventually be getting, right now it's just storage for random things. I have the back side of the coop insulated, covering it is an old political sign I found out here. I'm hoping to eventually insulate the other 3 sides of the building, but during these summer months it hasn't been a problem without them yet. I got the Silkies from a person on craigslist (who turned out to be a member of BYC
frow.gif
)

inside.jpg

The ducks always like to be outside during the day though. Maybe I can sneak a candid shot of them sleeping in the coop at night, I have a little peephole I can look through.
tongue.png

ducks.jpg

areyoudoneyet.jpg

Last edited:
6 pekings fit in that house? I have 4 pekings and although they live with their sibling chickens, I think that the brand new coop is going to be very messy with the 4 ducks in with the chickens. I prefer to house them together, but not sure I want to deal with the water issue!

Here's our duck hut!
big_smile.png
I'm very proud of it, nothing too fancy, but just right!

We have it up against the barn right now and an old plastic table is their shady spot!
photo28.jpg

The whole roof lifts up for easy cleaning, easy feeding, and there is about a 1/4 of an inch gap around the sides for venting. This tin roof goes off the edge a little further than the actual roof to make sure no water gets in
photo30.jpg

They sure seem to love their home!
photo29.jpg
6 Pekings fit in that house? Wow! I have 4, that is something I might be able to put together.

This is my new duck house I just recently finished making it. I haven't mad the run yet but plan to do it VERY soon.

Last edited:
chicken pickin, that is one lovely house!

Are the clear panels glass or plexiglass? Might it be good to cover that with some half inch metal hardware cloth in case of aggressive predators? Yeah, I am a worrier.
hide.gif

You, however, are quite the architect!!

Thanks for the comments! Yea that kitten and his brother seem to find their way into a lot of pictures...

Here's a view from the inside. I usually have a partition seperating the chickens from the ducks, but for the sake of this picture I took it out.

That box on the right will eventually be an egg box for the larger chickens I'll eventually be getting, right now it's just storage for random things. I have the back side of the coop insulated, covering it is an old political sign I found out here. I'm hoping to eventually insulate the other 3 sides of the building, but during these summer months it hasn't been a problem without them yet. I got the Silkies from a person on craigslist (who turned out to be a member of BYC
frow.gif
)

inside.jpg

The ducks always like to be outside during the day though. Maybe I can sneak a candid shot of them sleeping in the coop at night, I have a little peephole I can look through.
tongue.png

ducks.jpg

areyoudoneyet.jpg
Do i see kittens? omg! love the teeny purrboxes.

Back
Top Bottom