Post your adds for OHIO Wanted or for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I talked to a lady in the sale row and I said to her boy there sure isn't alot left to buy and she said that is because
everyone bought on Friday night. I said that many people from the show bought all these birds and she said no it
wan't just show people it was regular people too. She said they don't check you when you come in the door or anything
and lots of people show up Friday night to buy. I sure wish I would have known this because I would have been there
buying too!!!

Yeah, but if I had gone on Friday then I would have needed a hotel room too! My car gets such bad mileage, thats $$$ I could have spent on chickens! I actually met people there and sold rabbits, so that paid for part of the gas at least.

I'm hoping to show next year, which means I need to work on getting better stuff this winter/spring, getting tested and all that jazz.

I really thought there would have been more for sale. I also wondered why the coops didn't have the breeders names on them, is that because they're judged in the coops? Like at the big rabbit convention, the breeders would have their cards and all on the rabbit breeds they were showing.

I would have liked to add one Buff Orpington to my gals and I could only find one pair for sale and they were 50.00 so I went home....opingtonless.
I will have one by spring!

Quote:
Hi Sachasmom,
I saw that you bred rabbits, what breeds do you do. My hubby & I used to breed and show Netherlands. Chicken shows remind me of the old days of showing the bunnies. Same type of people, great friends can be made and always a good time.
April

I have Silver Fox, Rex, Lionheads and Satin Angoras. I *did* have a trio of NZ, but someone *cough husband and son cough* misplaced my blue buck while I was in CA, so now I just have two NZ does, and no buck!

I wish I didn't have the Angoras though, anyone wanna trade for chicken stuff? Incubators, supplies, Silkies, LOL They were supposed to be my sons thing, and he lost interest in them. Fiber is so not my thing though!

Mostly I show Rex and Silver Fox, I'm still working on the Lionheads, I show them maybe once a season to get an idea of where I am at, then its back to more work on those!

I'd really like to show chickens next year though. My husband would *like* the chickens to stop loosing me $$$ though. I keep saying that if things would just stop eating my stuff, I'd be good! I just cannot afford electric fencing and roofs for the pens, I had to lock up my Silkies in rabbit cages, I don't think they're very happy with me, but at least nothing can eat them now! Well, unless a bear stops by, or a bobcat. Those are about the only predators I haven;t seen this season! :O

Anyone interested in any BR, BO or Ausrolorps?? All hens arounfd 5 months old?
I need to make some room and someone needs to go! LOL! And of course it can't
be my little silkies.
Nevermind now, i just sold them all this morning!!!! Yea more room for silkies!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Aw geez. I thought I had my winter plan all figured out. How many Buff Orp pullets do you have? And what kind of Austrolorps?

A winter plan figured out???? No such thing as any plan when it comes to Chickens. LOL!
I have 3 BO's and the Aust are black, 2 of those.

Last edited:
Quote:
Haha, I need to remove some EE's from my flock to make room for my Silkies, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom