post your chicken coop pictures here!

Love my new coop. Built out of pallets.
love.gif

Looks great, but I see a big problem. Snakes can get in. If you go around the bottom of the run with 2 foot hardware cloth, that may help. I lived in the Ocala area for 5 years, and couldn't keep the snakes away. If you use 1/2" mesh hardware cloth, you shouldn't have a problem.

I like your coop! I'm planning on doing something similar for my sister's b day coop...still collecting the pallets!

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: CHICKEN MATH !!!! GUESS WHAT WAS IN MY BOX???? SURPRISE !! In the first picture, my toy poodle is getting to know the new chicks...Was so funny because one of them looked him right in the eye and pecked his nose!! Figured that one is going to be a rooster...(yuk..a;ready have one thank you)))) 6 little Ameracaunas

Looks great, but I see a big problem. Snakes can get in. If you go around the bottom of the run with 2 foot hardware cloth, that may help. I lived in the Ocala area for 5 years, and couldn't keep the snakes away. If you use 1/2" mesh hardware cloth, you shouldn't have a problem.
I was worried about snakes as well as other predators......wrapped and buried 1/4" hardware cloth wiring around the bottom of the run and up over the run. I went down 12" down in the ground for my borrowing animals and the 1/4" will also keep out all the others.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: CHICKEN MATH !!!! GUESS WHAT WAS IN MY BOX???? SURPRISE !! In the first picture, my toy poodle is getting to know the new chicks...Was so funny because one of them looked him right in the eye and pecked his nose!! Figured that one is going to be a rooster...(yuk..a;ready have one thank you)))) 6 little Ameracaunas

That's exactly what I'm afraid of with my "bin brooder" I've set up. My tote bin is "clear" like yours, and I'm hoping that my little chihuahua Zoe can somewhat look at them and hopefully get used to them (not!) Anyways, while I'm waiting for the arrival of my chicks I sit and look at the brooder box thinking of things, etc., and then BINGO! To avoid what happened to you, finding your furbaby in the brooder, I'm going to take the lid that came with the tub and use a hole-cutter about 2-3" in width, and pop holes in the lid, cutting the lid off to accommodate the brooder light......voila!! End of potential problem. I'm even thinking that the coverage will also help maintain the right temp in the brooder, and little Zoe will not be able to get inside!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom