~~~~~Post Your EE, Ameraucana, and Araucauna Pics HERE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are my 22 week old roos. The red one is Elvis, the golden neck one is Hawk, and the dark neck one is Thunder. So far they are all nice. Hope they stay that way. They are not old enough to have really good tail feathers but the are getting rather pretty.
trio.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, he was supposed to be a black Ameraucana, and he always looked like one, but when he got a bit older, he grew some gold feathers in on his neck. You can see them in the pictures I posted earlier, but here is a close up of his head so you can see. I was told that black Ameraucanas shouldn't have any other color on them, but I really don't know for sure.

Here is a close up of his head:

1z6asl.jpg

Had one very much like yours! He was black and his gold base color was showing through, which is what is wrong with yours. It means he doesnt have enough melanisers to cover the base color. Here's the guy I used to have:

DCP_8799.jpg

Quote:
An EE is a cross breed

Here are my EEs...

This is the Diva Chicken Sandy

HPIM3417Small.jpg

This is Cruella

Cruella3.jpg

This is our Roo, Deville (who is a big baby when away from his girls)

Deville.jpg

Deville.jpg

This is Cindy

Cindy2.jpg

These are the new babies which are Deville and various moms...A BA, A SLW, A Splash Cochin and an unknown

Ths Cochin and BA moms:

7630_hpim6054.jpg

The SLW and the Unknown mom

7630_devillebabies.jpg

Quote:
Thanks! I love all your pictures, you have some beautiful birds. I am glad to see that someone else has a roo like mine as I had never seen another one with that coloring. My black EE hen has the gold on her neck too. I really didn't want her, but I went to the flea market one day and I saw her and she had an eye infection and the people weren't going to treat her, so I took her and treated her
smile.png

I think it's kind of crazy how if you breed 2 true Ameraucanas with different colors, they consider them EE's because they are not one of the standard colors. Even though they are purebred Ameraucanas, they consider them to be EE's because of the mixed colors.

I am turning on the thread I made!!!!
hit.gif
Here are my EEs. Most of my EEs are deceased due to the unknown deadly disease I'm sure you know all about.

37500_sdc10174.jpg

This is Bailey my EE hen cross she layed a sky blue egg (deceased).

37500_sdc10179.jpg

This is Cookie my EE hen. She layed a sky blue egg (deceased).

37500_sdc10173.jpg

This is Comet my EE rooster (deceased).

37500_sdc10177.jpg

This is Tootsie my EE hen. She layed a sky blue egg (in the front and deceased).

Back
Top Bottom