Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
His coworkers said it looked just like him...so we had fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20190509_101906333.jpg
    IMG_20190509_101906333.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 14
Just got our first egg! I just brought it in!
Not sure which girl it came from. All I know is they were making some unusual noises, so I went out to see, and there was this beauty!

Attachments

• IMG_20190722_141200_01.jpg
    IMG_20190722_141200_01.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 13
I’m only supposed to have one colored egg layer in my group, so is it possible this isn’t a new layer, just my Easter Egger switching things up? I’m referring to the largest one on the top right.

Attachments

• 78463675-381F-4089-AF04-572BF848A35F.jpeg
    78463675-381F-4089-AF04-572BF848A35F.jpeg
    425.2 KB · Views: 11
I’m only supposed to have one colored egg layer in my group, so is it possible this isn’t a new layer, just my Easter Egger switching things up? I’m referring to the largest one on the top right.
It doesn't look like the same hen. An artical I read said that hens don't change the color of their eggs, with the exception of getting darker as they mature. Also, it's a different size and shape. Nice surprise. It's beautiful! Only our bantams are laying right now. We are waiting for our first colored egg.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like the same hen. An arrival I read said that hens don't change the color of their eggs, with the exception of getting darker as they mature. Also, it's a different size and shape. Nice surprise. It's beautiful! Only our bantams are laying right now. We are waiting for our first colored egg.
I know eggs are supposed to grow with time, as they start off much smaller while they’re getting used to laying, so that wasn’t too surprising. My Easter Egger green eggs are blue with a brown pigment over them, so I’m wondering if the brown pigment is dropping off. I’ve seen that somewhere with a oerson’s Black Copper marans started with dark brown/chocolate eggs and then they progressively got lighter.

My other breeds are SL polish, GL Wyandotte, Welsummer, and RIR. they all look true to breed, so I don’t think it’s them, but maybe I got a mutt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom