Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were gone for a couple days, and came home to find our first 3 eggs! My daughter has been checking constantly since, and we've gotten 2 more. She got to watch one get laid today!

These aren't my first eggs, but I have a question. These are both from Production Reds. The pullet laying the darker egg has actually been laying longer, and it is almost fully round. The other one's eggs have progressively gotten bigger every day, but the pullet with dark eggs isn't. Does it just take time for some and not others or is there something I have to do. Shells on both are very strong, and I ate a small dark egg this morning and almost couldn't open it after I cracked it on the counter. Haha.

Not sure which one was first - only one lady is laying, we were on vacation, and my chicken-sitter missed them sitting in the corner of the coop.

We were so excited to get our first egg from one of our RIR hens a couple of weeks ago.
We watched and waited daily and then it was two a day, then 3.

Today we are were pleasantly surprised to have 5 eggs laid at different times of the day.

We have 16 hens, so slowly but surely, we will be up to 16 laying and 16 eggs.
The fun is in the daily nesting box check and watching to see who we can catch in them, so we know who is laying.

We were so excited to get our first egg from one of our RIR hens a couple of weeks ago.
We watched and waited daily and then it was two a day, then 3.

Today we are were pleasantly surprised to have 5 eggs laid at different times of the day.

We have 16 hens, so slowly but surely, we will be up to 16 laying and 16 eggs.
The fun is in the daily nesting box check and watching to see who we can catch in them, so we know who is laying.

Oooh...I'm jealous! I've been waiting on my one hen to drop another egg since Sunday afternoon. I've seen her sitting in her corner a couple of times (I guess she's not keen on the boxes), but she doesn't leave me an egg. She's a tease.

These aren't my first eggs, but I have a question. These are both from Production Reds. The pullet laying the darker egg has actually been laying longer, and it is almost fully round. The other one's eggs have progressively gotten bigger every day, but the pullet with dark eggs isn't. Does it just take time for some and not others or is there something I have to do. Shells on both are very strong, and I ate a small dark egg this morning and almost couldn't open it after I cracked it on the counter. Haha.

My light Brahmas, are 10 months and their eggs are finally getting better. I also have a 10month BR and she has been laying great eggs for a long time, probably 4-5months, never had an egg laying problem. All my hens eggs look different. None of them look the same, it makes it easier for me to know whew laid them. LOL Personally, I wouldn't worry, they both look great!

I got three Golden Comets on April first just a few days old. They were four months on August first. I wasn't looking for eggs yet but just checked the straw in the next box this past Monday. There were five tiny eggs in there! Got two more the next day.

Last edited:
I have 5 BO who are 20 weeks as of today. 2 of them were so loud t:(his morning. One of them kept going in and out of the coop. They usually only go back to the coop at dusk.
While I was cleaning the whole coop this morning, this one pullet and her friend( guess she needed some support:) kept going in and staying in my way, even stepping on my hands as I was trying to remove the shavings. It was hilarious! I left the coop squeaky clean and placed a golf ball in one of the nest boxes. Then, I left. These girls kept singing the " egg song" the entire afternoon. I have to say this egg song sounds more like a heavy metal band:D
When I returned to the coop in the end of the afternoon, the pullets were back to their normal selves. They seemed much calmer. I opened the coop and there it was, the most perfect little egg! I was so proud! Everybody got fresh tomatoes as a treat, and I whispered " thank you" to Summer, the first of my pullets to lay an egg!
I am trying to post a pic of it, but I don't know how from my iPhone. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom