Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Pics
THIS THREAD IS AWESOME!!!! The wild boar pics FREAK ME OUT!!!! Crazy!!!!

We will install one of these when the chickens move outside, just trying to figure out the best place. Plus,I was wonering, it seems some people lure in the animals with eggs and apples and corn, carcasses etc. Isnt this a bad idea, seeing how you dont want them to get your chickens? I guess if we put the cam far from the coop and then used bait.....?

they aren't really designed as a security camera but can be. they are really made for scouting places to see what passes by an area. people like hunters and wildlife researchers use them to see what lives around areas or to catch a picture of a normally rare or very elusive animal. camera trap, scouting camera, game camera, trail camera there all the same. on the animal shows they usually call them camera traps

Last edited:
Okay guys you have inspired me! It took me 3 days to read this whole Thread - all 81 pages - but yesterday after work I took off in the pasture with the game camera in hand. My kids went with me and helped me "test" it by hopping in front of it like bunnies and yipping like coyotes. I hope I don't end up with poison oak because the first tree I attached it to had a big fat poison oak vine on it. It was kindof on a hill facing our creek and I couldnt get good pics of the ground because of the hill so I moved it. I moved it to another tree and I think it's in a good location now.

I loved seeing all the stuff I don't get to see here in SE Oklahoma, like phesents, bear & fox.... foxes... is fox like deer where it's not correct to say foxes? Actually we have fox but I never see them much. I am hoping to get a picture of an armadillo since I didn't see anyone post any pics of them. They are EVERYWHERE at my house. I have one in the back yard every night making an absolute mess digging little holes everywere. It's so funny, they can't see very well so you can sneak up on them and when you scare them they jump straight up in the air several feet!

Can't wait to see what I get pictures of! Maybe yall can tell me if I have a good camera or not.... It's not mine. My brother in law left it at my house. It says Bushnell Trail Sentry but I don't know how new or expensive it is. It is supposed to flash at night but I don't think the flash is working.

Should I check my camera when I get off of work today or let it sit there for a few days. Also I see alot of you baiting the camera. Should I do that? If I do I will get a ton of horse pictures. Can't wait to see what is in my backyard!

pop.gif
More pics More pics!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_trap.

pretty much they are just a motion activated camera that takes a picture and or video when ever something passes in front of them. they can only see about 45 feet in front of them. you can get them at a sporting goods store tha has hunting stuff.
like Dicks sporting goods, Cabelas, Bass pro shop

Last edited:
Something is wrong with this camera. It's not flashing at night. I took two pictures around 11pm but it's just a totally black picture. Grrr... I'm going to download the manual and see if I can figure it out but I think it's pretty simple. It's a Bushnell Trail Sentry and from what I understand it's supposed to detect the darkness and flash automatically.

Here is a lousy horse picture.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom