Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

I have started getting sale flyers with game cameras on sale . Some good deals this time of year . For those of you considering a purchase .
Bushnell just sent word can't repair the two cameras at less than cost of new ones so I think I am ordering 2nd browning Black OPS today - very pleased with first one and range day and night is great - Cant complain about the Bushnells though they lasted about 4 years even though two were replaced before. One original is still working and the older Bushnells seem to hold up better than the newer replacements . Lowest price found on Browning was AMAZON [ did find lower but after adding shipping Amazon was cheaper]
The only two cameras I found with consistent 4+ stars at reasonable price was Browning and Bushnell
Good luck as all appear to be China made

Same in our neck of the woods (Botetourt). I had 13 right outside my bedroom window yesterday morning.
Yes I think it was a good statewide hatch and I remember a hatch better than this back in 2010 - turkeys every where - next year I didn't see over 2 at a time and probably didn't have more than 5 on the property- something reduced the #s and quick - don't know if predator or sickness related- hope they survive this winter.

What to do about this one. I was unsure of what attacked my dog 2 months ago, but am sure now that it was this bobcat. I have a live trap set up now near the guinea coop.

Last edited:

What to do about this one. I was unsure of what attacked my dog 2 months ago, but am sure now that it was this bobcat. I have a live trap set up now near the guinea coop.
Best find out what the regulations are in your area about trapping/killing this type of animal, they may even help you get rid of it if they are of a pest status.

Or go the SSS route...Shoot Shovel Shutup...in that case we don't want to hear about(that's the Shutup part).

The first thing you can do is shore up your run wire, that chicken wire is nothing for a bobcat to chew thru. 1/2" hardware cloth properly attached with screws and washers every 8"......and maybe something even heavier in addition.

Last edited:
Already got word from the local wildlife to go ahead an trap. Pretty grey about the regulations up here. But it helped that there was a bobcat with rabies just north of here. As for the coop, your right. It was meant to be temporary, and a quick place when I got them. I spent 2 months clearing out a 40'x50' covered run and 8'x10' coop for the chickens (1/2" hardware cloth buried 2 ft to 6 ft high with a fully enclosed rope netting with a 20' pole to hold it up in the center). Was kinda wore out after.

The thing that bothers me is that it was at 2pm!! Everything I have read says bobcats shouldn't have done that. No cover, not dawn or dusk. Maybe it's a juvenile or a mother with kits???

Understand all about the SSS, but camping out with the rifle seems like it would be for no reason. Should I camo the trap? Use live bait ( I have a bantam rooster that is useless)?

First night with the trap shoed nothing on the cam. Heavy rain might have accounted for that.

Any more recommendations?

Already got word from the local wildlife to go ahead an trap. Pretty grey about the regulations up here. But it helped that there was a bobcat with rabies just north of here. As for the coop, your right. It was meant to be temporary, and a quick place when I got them. I spent 2 months clearing out a 40'x50' covered run and 8'x10' coop for the chickens (1/2" hardware cloth buried 2 ft to 6 ft high with a fully enclosed rope netting with a 20' pole to hold it up in the center). Was kinda wore out after.

The thing that bothers me is that it was at 2pm!! Everything I have read says bobcats shouldn't have done that. No cover, not dawn or dusk. Maybe it's a juvenile or a mother with kits???

Understand all about the SSS, but camping out with the rifle seems like it would be for no reason. Should I camo the trap? Use live bait ( I have a bantam rooster that is useless)?

First night with the trap shoed nothing on the cam. Heavy rain might have accounted for that.

Might be weird that it is daylight and in the open, might be diseased but some animals do hunt in the day if they have young to feed or are just very hungry.

I don't know much about trapping...but have read that a live chicken is great bait for fox as they are trap leery.
Putting live chicken in cage at one end of trap then covering all the but trap opening seems to work for fox.

Good Luck to ya!

We checked first too with our local wildlife. We had a Bobcat digging under our Pheasant pen. We set leg traps just inside the pen where it had dug under. The first morning we found dead birds. We didn't have a game camera at the time. We went out a couple of mornings later and found another dug out spot and several more Pheasants dead. The Pheasants had a coop but Pheasants wouldn't go into it. We had made a brush pile inside their pen that they to go into. We set some leg traps where the Bobcat had entered the pen. We didn't put any type of bait out since it had been digging under so we put the traps at the dig. The wire was buried a little but the Bobcat still dug under it. Nothing the next night. We blocked off the area where we set the traps so the Pheasants wouldn't get into them and the following morning we had a Bobcat in the traps. When we first set the traps we didn't know what had been killing our birds.

Back
Top Bottom