Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Here is another photo of a coon party at my deer feeder. After moving the camera, we weren't getting any 'hit's until my son sprinkled powdered jello on the corn. We are hoping to bring in the deer and pigs soon.
smile.png
Texans eat the heck out of wild pigs! Next, I plan on setting it up behind our peafowl pen to see if any predators show up.

I would not do that if at all possible. We used to close up the pen and let the coop door open and then..... One morning we went out to the coop and found 3 dead chickens 2 of them with their heads chewed off and missing and another one completely shreaded. Our fence is 8 feet tall and we also have most of the top covered with fencing as well. In the next few weeks we caught several possums, raccoon and a skunk in the live trap. We now take the time to close them up tight at dusk and then let them out first thing in the morning usually before we even had our tea. The effor is worth not seeing my precious helpless hens mutilated.

Yes, I very much agree. Whenever I've had raccoon problems, it was when we forgot to shut the door to the coop. It always ended in tragedy.

I would not do that if at all possible. We used to close up the pen and let the coop door open and then..... One morning we went out to the coop and found 3 dead chickens 2 of them with their heads chewed off and missing and another one completely shreaded. Our fence is 8 feet tall and we also have most of the top covered with fencing as well. In the next few weeks we caught several possums, raccoon and a skunk in the live trap. We now take the time to close them up tight at dusk and then let them out first thing in the morning usually before we even had our tea. The effor is worth not seeing my precious helpless hens mutilated.

Yea I know I know...
idunno.gif
but my friend Vicki convinced me to finally close the door b/c I seriously would hate to come out there & find some of their heads pulled off, especially my whitey...! And just b/c it hadn't happened in a year or more doesn't mean it won't happen now I guess, we keep a fan going to circulate air in their coop, I wonder if thats kinda made the other lil varmits stay outta there or do they even care?...I've been up lately when they get up so I've been closing the door

Back
Top Bottom