Poultry Breeds of Spanish Ancestry

My oldest just got from Fallon (sp?).

Lacy, I liked that Splash the most. I like the tall high shoulders of this breed. Makes the males look proud, and the females look elegant, but snappy.

That is another breed that I cannot understand the lack of interest. They are beautiful birds. Sharp, active, alert.

I saw some pictures not too long ago that were the best I have seen. We will have to keep an eye out for those.

Doesn't NYREDS keep them?

He is trying to bring you over to the dark side. LOL.
hide.gif

I found myself giving eggs away today. I have a few orders to ship next week but I have 35 eggs 4-9 days old I told someone they could have.
They seemed interested in the Penedesenca.
I feel if I can get more people into them I don't mind giving them up cheap. this person was local so they will be incubating tomorrow.
I have 2 weeks to sell / ship eggs until incubator 1 is ready again. then #2 will be in 3 weeks.

My oldest just got from Fallon (sp?).

Lacy, I liked that Splash the most. I like the tall high shoulders of this breed. Makes the males look proud, and the females look elegant, but snappy.

That is another breed that I cannot understand the lack of interest. They are beautiful birds. Sharp, active, alert.

I saw some pictures not too long ago that were the best I have seen. We will have to keep an eye out for those.

Doesn't NYREDS keep them?

On the Blue Andalusian thread, someone posted some pictures of birds that they received through hatching eggs from Spain. I've talked to the guy in Spain and I know those are from his birds. I would like to get some but shipping is pricey. I've tried to contact them, two or three different ways, to find out what it would cost altogether to get a young trio but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Yes, NYREDS keeps them. His birds are from John Hayes, a sweet old man who is retiring. I got some birds from him before but that was ages ago and a very long story. I'm supposed to be getting hatching eggs from NYREDS this spring. I really don't know if I want to go that route though. I wonder if he would be willing to sell a trio? I guess I should ask him instead of you hu?

I like that splash too. Getting the blacks and splashes to blend very well and make a beautifully marked bird is extremely difficult. This could be part of the issue when it comes to lack of interest. That and the blacks and splashes are not recognized but need to be kept for proper blues. Pain in the backside. I like them both, just wish I could show them... but I can't go to many shows anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Back
Top Bottom