Poultry Breeds of Spanish Ancestry

I do not get excited about the super dark eggs. I do like the nice dark terra cotta eggs. I find them more appealing. I think anything can go to far. Just an opinion.

Jason, you built a nice website. I will look through the standard descriptions some more.

Good luck with that! When do you plan to start incubation?

My incubator is almost full now with eggs from my bantam Andalusian project. I plan to start it on Wednesday. Hope it goes well and I get some birds as beautiful as the parents, only smaller!
cool.
I have a bunch cooking too.
in my R-Com
10 White Empordanesa
10 crele penedesenca x silver ameraucana OE project
in my Genesis
8 Crele Penedesenca x Silver ameraucana OE Project
34 Crele penedesenca , white Empordanesa and Black Penedesenca ( did not mark these )
have some crele penedesenca eggs that need a incubator as well
big_smile.png

I have 2 crele runs
1 rooster is from a friend and is not closely related to the others.
He is with 2 crele hens that are from my other pen and 4 sliver ameraucana.
He looks good but his comb is lacking good appendages . His hens look great so hopefully I will get a good line going there.

My other crele run has 7 hens and my other rooster

I do not get excited about the super dark eggs. I do like the nice dark terra cotta eggs. I find them more appealing. I think anything can go to far. Just an opinion.

Jason, you built a nice website. I will look through the standard descriptions some more.
lol especially if they don't hatch. I was hoping to get new blood. I will be trading more in the spring with him and hopefully will get some to hatch.

I am getting a batch Blue egg layers to hatch on Wednesday so I will set what they lay until then. My incubators are starting to go now--I set 24 new Heritage Delawares and 4 SG dorking eggs on Friday. Those are for the local breeder I am working with.
Ron how about a picture of those nice black and white birds that you posted?

in regards to number of flocks it is tough to tell.
We have had 3 imports.
2002 , 2003 and 2004
White Empordanesa came in on only 1 ( 2004) and I think there are only 3 people breeding them.
They are all rare and I am torn on what the rarest Penedesenca are.
I honestly think the
Wheaten
Crele
Black
Partridge
from rarest to not. I once thought Crele where but I think good wheatens are rarer.
Black is very rare but the good Penedesenca breeders seem to keep them the most.
There are probably more Partridge birds around but not breeders. Thanks to the hatcheries,
I am not a big hatchery fan but they are getting the penedesenca name out there at least.
Partridge probably have the fewest breeders or wheaten.
just a semi educated guess from phone calls and messaging.

I spent months researching and calling people to make the website.
I was probably quite the pest lol.

These are the Parents from Megan:

These are some that I hatched from them:

They are Pita Pintas(Asturiana paints)
Love those spots! Those are really nice!

in regards to number of flocks it is tough to tell.
We have had 3 imports.
2002 , 2003 and 2004
White Empordanesa came in on only 1 ( 2004) and I think there are only 3 people breeding them.
They are all rare and I am torn on what the rarest Penedesenca are.
I honestly think the
Wheaten
Crele
Black
Partridge
from rarest to not. I once thought Crele where but I think good wheatens are rarer.
Black is very rare but the good Penedesenca breeders seem to keep them the most.
There are probably more Partridge birds around but not breeders. Thanks to the hatcheries,
I am not a big hatchery fan but they are getting the penedesenca name out there at least.
Partridge probably have the fewest breeders or wheaten.
just a semi educated guess from phone calls and messaging.

I spent months researching and calling people to make the website.
I was probably quite the pest lol.
I think if I had to choose, wheaten would be my favorite. I like that color variety too.

Back
Top Bottom