Poultry Hollow - Brush Creek, TN

oldchickenlady

Songster
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Cabot, AR
Has anyone bought chicks from Poultry Hollow in Brush Creek, TN? I was wanting to add some SLW to my little flock of 6 BO and 6 RIR's. I thought I would have to wait till next year but found an ad from this place on Craigslist. The SLW's he has are 5 weeks old. The ones I have are 8 weeks old. I know I will have to keep them separate for a while. I was just wondering if anyone on here had bought from this place and if the quality of his birds were good. I am going to go see them tomorrow. Thanks for any info.

hu.gif

Well, I told DH I found a place to get some SLW and his reply was "We don't need anymore chickens." He is right, but...
hmm.png
they're so pretty! I really wanted some!
hit.gif
I may go look at his place anyway and see how he is set up and how his birds look. Then if anyone else is interested and wants to know, I could give a first hand informed opinion. Maybe I shouldn't press my luck...I have had such good success with the 12 I have. I really thought by now I would have lost some but I haven't. I would have to make a separate pen etc and I don't have enough wire to do that, soooo...I guess I wont get anymore birds:(

Did you ever make it there to check it out? It's not too far from me but I can't find any reviews or much info on their farm...Thanks!

OK, folks. I went to Poultry Hollow and was shocked at the condition of his birds, the smell, the piles of dead birds, the feather losses, the lack of working waterers, and the overall condition. I questioned him and he said his "workers" hadn't been there yet and kept saying he was NPIP certified. Clearly the dead birds had been accumulating for more than a day and biosecurity was not enforced. NPIP, if not the humane society, needs to revisit this place. I am not a gentrified city girl, by the way, and am used to barnyard smells and litter, but this was beyond the pale. Sorry.

somad.gif
enuff said You aren't going to get what you ordered , had I known about byc before getting anything from from this gentlman I would have not done so . I really should have known better . But at least others are finding out about him .

I was gonna say...we have a middle Tn Thread and I have heard not so good things about poultry hollow....they will sell you a bird and tell you its one thing when its something else....preys on the people who don't know...he sold a Cochin as a silkie.....so no I would say don't go there unless you know what you are looking for....

Back
Top Bottom