Prairie Flower Block Swap

@majack That brown center/sunflower was a suggestion, and we are doing the yellow center green leaves and fun spring/summer colors for the flower. The last two days were cool then last night a storm from Hyades. It was a good one, I was cleaning an old church and spooked myself!!! It had the hallmark of a scary movie, the thunder, lightening and the lights flickering, but before that got started I was on the phone to my son and I was telling him "good thing I'm not scared of storms, then the biggest crack of thunder with lightening and I screamed like a girl, lol I told my son sorry I didn't mean to scream like a girl, he said laughing you are a girl, I told him that was God saying you said what? lol we had a good laugh. Then I was getting close to done, taking my time so I would not have to leave in the down pour but if any one remembers the moving "The Shining" with Jack Nickleson where he is the crazed possessed care taker of this old haunted mansion that gets snowed in during a blizzard, just changed the scenery a little bit, lol

Well I'm frustrated because I can't get my block to be 13.5. I've measured and re measuredand checked my quarter seam over and over. I keep anywhere from 13.75 to 14. I don't know why i can never get a block to be the right size.

My husband put downthe hen for me. She was just ppitiful with infection.

lots of overtime at work this week. Wish they'd leave me alone so I can sew!
smile.png

I am so SORRY typo the finished block is 12.5x12.5
hide.gif
sorry to hear about the chick, but she had a good home and is not sick anymore.
I haven't made mine yet, but the instructions on the first page says it is 13.5. Maybe someone who has finished or is working on theirs will have a better answer.
So sorry about your hen.
sad.png
It's so hard to put them down, but it's necessary sometimes.
TYPO I'm so sorry follow the tutorial

please don't tar and feather me
fl.gif

Well I'm frustrated because I can't get my block to be 13.5. I've measured and re measuredand checked my quarter seam over and over. I keep anywhere from 13.75 to 14. I don't know why i can never get a block to be the right size.

smile.png
ok, so if you don't want the extra money, you can send it here!!! yeah I thought not,
lau.gif

Hi everyone !
I haven't been around for a week as we have been to Greece, not our usual place but to Corfu. It was beautiful but I can't imagine how busy it must get later in the season. We got lucky with the weather and had a great week! Now back to catch up with the sewing.

My challenge for the Rocky Timms photo course this week was "wonderland" so had to persuade my daughter dressing as a mermaid was a good idea!
Hi, tell her it was a good thing you didn't make her lay in the water, I get it was cold, lol and I actually read it as Ricky, and didn't notice the typo until you said something

I have no idea where my post went to,,

Ladies, I'm so sorry if you have made your blocks to the 13 size leave it alone, don't remake them

@majack That brown center/sunflower was a suggestion, and we are doing the yellow center green leaves and fun spring/summer colors for the flower. The last two days were cool then last night a storm from Hyades. It was a good one, I was cleaning an old church and spooked myself!!! It had the hallmark of a scary movie, the thunder, lightening and the lights flickering, but before that got started I was on the phone to my son and I was telling him "good thing I'm not scared of storms, then the biggest crack of thunder with lightening and I screamed like a girl, lol I told my son sorry I didn't mean to scream like a girl, he said laughing you are a girl, I told him that was God saying you said what? lol we had a good laugh. Then I was getting close to done, taking my time so I would not have to leave in the down pour but if any one remembers the moving "The Shining" with Jack Nickleson where he is the crazed possessed care taker of this old haunted mansion that gets snowed in during a blizzard, just changed the scenery a little bit, lol
That's hilarious!!
gig.gif

Also, can someone look at the msqc video? Right at the beginning she points to the block and says "this is a 13"block right here and has sashing". She is pointing to the finished quilt hanging behind her. katsdar, did you use your layer cake to make the block you posted? What did it measure finished? DH and I think she is saying it wrong.

Last edited:

smile.png

Quote:

I'm admittedly no good at math but 3 5s take away 2 seams should be 14 unfinished?

I've also started making little squares out of my scrap triangles.

Anna, your quilt tops are so pretty. Love the fabrics.
chicalot - your math is correct. Mine all measure right around 14" unfinished (some a shade less). The tutorial shows 5" blocks X 3 = 15 - 1" for 1/4" seams and you should have 14". Did I miss something in the tutorial that cuts these squares down after the initial cut?

Quote: I just watched the msqc video again and she said in several places that it is a 13" block (even toward the end), however, I can't figure out how you can take three 5" blocks sewn together and get 13 - unless you use a 1/2" seam. I am thoroughly confused now!!!

I'm crazy it is a 13 inch block, I'm just so used to us doing a 12 please disregard your mistress, she has totally lost it. Just follow the tutorial and ignore me!!!! Sorry the pollen is killing me and I can't even think

That's hilarious!!
gig.gif

Also, can someone look at the msqc video? Right at the beginning she points to the block and says "this is a 13"block right here and has sashing". She is pointing to the finished quilt hanging behind her. katsdar, did you use your layer cake to make the block you posted? What did it measure finished? DH and I think she is saying it wrong.
Well had Dh look at the video and the quilt squares. He says it is 13.5 unfinished and 13 finished. So Jenny is right! Imagine that!! DH went upstairs or I would have him explain it cause I can't!! I'm horrible at math. He had to tell me, "well if you would let me tell you and explain it"!
lol.png
So I let him and he was right. I couldn't see it!
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom