Prairie Flower Block Swap

Thank you. I am hoping to learn and I probably will have lots of questions.
200x200px-ZC-e159e985_P1030623.jpeg

This is the color placement and see the instructions for the rest..... thanks kat

Hello everybody.
I am a newbie to this swap. I am married, have 2 boys and 2 grandchildren. We have 3 dogs. I live in Indiana in a small town and love it here.

I do have a question. Does everybody make the squares the same color or mix up the colors? I kno the leaves are green, center is not a bright yellow and petals are springy floral, but didn't know if you made all 20 the same or not.

Thanks for any info.

Hello everybody.
I am a newbie to this swap. I am married, have 2 boys and 2 grandchildren. We have 3 dogs. I live in Indiana in a small town and love it here.

I do have a question. Does everybody make the squares the same color or mix up the colors? I kno the leaves are green, center is not a bright yellow and petals are springy floral, but didn't know if you made all 20 the same or not.

Thanks for any info.
Some of us, but not all, are using what is called a layer cake. These are precut 10" squares of a few different fabrics. There are about 42 squares in each layer cake. You can also get a charm pack for the white squares. These are 5" pre-cut squares. Katsdar and myself are getting ours from Missouri Star Quilt Company. You don't have to use these. The petals are of different prints, but I don't think they would need to be as we are going to swap them. Maybe katsdar can come in on that.
I'm not too far from you. I'm in Ohio. I have 3 grown children, 2 girls, 1 boy and 6 grandchildren. I'm married to my high school sweetheart of 43 years.

Hello everybody.

Thanks for any info.
frow.gif
Hi Jenmack! I usually do not do all 20 of mine the same. My attention span needs a change of pace, I guess! I probably have 4-5 variations that I will send for the swap.

I live in a small town near Lake Superior in Minnesota. Yes, we still have snow on the ground here. It was 43* F and sunny today and I was happy and hopefuly that Spring may be on its way! I am married and we have 4 children, 3 cats, 2 dogs, 2 goats, one lonely pigeon and too many chickens (I will not count them because then I will have to tell hubby the truth when asked
hide.gif
). Three children are in college and one still in HS.

I def don't do them all the same.

I see these projects as stash killers. I look to see what I have and use as much of that as possible.

Hello everybody.

Thanks for any info.
I just used a pre-cut because this time around I was being lazy
hide.gif

Have you guys ever heard of block rock it or my quilt bug. They're mid arms. I got to try both at paducah today. I fell in love. If we didn't just put a renter in ourold house, id think seriously on getting one. I have no room left. This quilting hobby may be out of control. It was an awesome quilt day!

Back
Top Bottom