Pregnant Barn cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she care for herself or are you taking care of her, vet visits, feeding , etc.?
I feed both my barn cats, fixed the other girl. They get vet visits and wormed too.
I raised both of them, one from a tiny tiny kitten who was thrown in a ditch.
However many kittens she has, that will definitely not happen. They're my responsibility.

Depending on how many she has, it may be up to $400 to get them all fixed. While I understand what you mean, unless I offer them with an "adoption" price, that is quite alot.
I have 2 people wanting kittens so far.
Yes I know. But its a part of having cats or dogs even…. I could go on and on as this is something I strongly believe in but I don't wish to get kicked off this website…. I'm just saying that millions of dogs and cats are killed every year in just the U.S…. NOT saying that you don't already know this as you seem like a very responsible person…. it just sometimes gets on my nerves when people say "I was going to get her fixed but to late now…" as that has happened SOOO many times that I know of….. Not saying you weren't going to get her fixed but just thought id share my thoughts honestly…..
I'm glad that you are trying to get the kits good homes and will hopefully make sure they get fixed….. :) Thank you for reading

Yes I know. But its a part of having cats or dogs even…. I could go on and on as this is something I strongly believe in but I don't wish to get kicked off this website…. I'm just saying that millions of dogs and cats are killed every year in just the U.S…. NOT saying that you don't already know this as you seem like a very responsible person…. it just sometimes gets on my nerves when people say "I was going to get her fixed but to late now…" as that has happened SOOO many times that I know of….. Not saying you weren't going to get her fixed but just thought id share my thoughts honestly…..
I'm glad that you are trying to get the kits good homes and will hopefully make sure they get fixed….. :) Thank you for reading
I am talking to a shelter worker now on how much it'll cost with multiple cats.
I'll just have to charge an extra little fee for them.

I can't express how much I'm cringing while reading these posts...it's all fun and games looking at pictures of kittens even playing with kittens..

But kittens turn to adult cats and cats are a 15-year responsibility.

None of you posting clearly have ever dealt with the scenario just giving a bunch of advice on how you feel and your emotions!!

What if I told you more kittens have been put to sleep while I've type this then you can imagine.

My farm had 9 cats next door. That turned to 17. Feral cats are horrible for the environment ( google it) they will about 7 billion birds a year.

Do yourself, your state, your country your fellow Citizen and those cats a service right now and take her to go get spayed right now! All those people who want kittens can go to the shelter. If u cant find them kittens ill have my organization find them kittens locally (not joking).

You might think it's unfair but what's really unfair is bringing them into this world without knowing who's going to take care of for them.

I can not express this enough, if u think im joking call a local cat addoption shelter and ask them. Every person there will tell you, you are doing a disservice to everybody by keeping those kittens!

Dont be that person who is that makes their selfishness be a burdon for the community!!

I would urge OP to move Mama into the house, and keep her there until after babies are born and not let her out until after she has been spayed. Cats can get pregnant while still nursing babies. As for overabundance of kittens/cats, dogs/puppies, this is a regional thing. In my area, the mandatory spaying programs make it almost impossible to get a kitten or puppy without paying an exorbitant price. I do not wish to step into an argument over the right/wrong of spaying a pregnant animal. Please respect OP and her stance against abortion in this matter.

I can't express how much I'm cringing while reading these posts...it's all fun and games looking at pictures of kittens even playing with kittens..

But kittens turn to adult cats and cats are a 15-year responsibility.

None of you posting clearly have ever dealt with the scenario just giving a bunch of advice on how you feel and your emotions!!

What if I told you more kittens have been put to sleep while I've type this then you can imagine.

My farm had 9 cats next door. That turned to 17. Feral cats are horrible for the environment ( google it) they will about 7 billion birds a year.

Do yourself, your state, your country your fellow Citizen and those cats a service right now and take her to go get spayed right now! All those people who want kittens can go to the shelter. If u cant find them kittens ill have my organization find them kittens locally (not joking).

You might think it's unfair but what's really unfair is bringing them into this world without knowing who's going to take care of for them.

I can not express this enough, if u think im joking call a local cat addoption shelter and ask them. Every person there will tell you, you are doing a disservice to everybody by keeping those kittens!

Dont be that person who is that makes their selfishness be a burdon for the community!!
Oh my goodness your amazing!!! …. this is everything I believe in but I just didn't want to sound mean or anything saying my true thoughts….

That is why I have a contract that says if they cannot care for the kitten for any reason, at any time, to come bring them back. I'm also vet referencing.

If u cant find them kittens ill have my organization find them kittens locally (not joking).
What does this even mean? You'll have your organization find them?

As I said, they all have homes already. With fantastic people. The one woman just lost her 18 year old cat. You think I'm giving these kittens away willy nilly? I'm not.

I would urge OP to move Mama into the house, and keep her there until after babies are born and not let her out until after she has been spayed. Cats can get pregnant while still nursing babies. As for overabundance of kittens/cats, dogs/puppies, this is a regional thing. In my area, the mandatory spaying programs make it almost impossible to get a kitten or puppy without paying an exorbitant price. I do not wish to step into an argument over the right/wrong of spaying a pregnant animal. Please respect OP and her stance against abortion in this matter.

It's what we're doing, moving her into the back room while she has her babies around and until she gets spayed. I wouldn't be keeping these kittens if the vet didn't tell me there was a risk in her dying from effects.
I've raised and rehomed kittens a few times. I had ONE kitten come back for a short stay while they got stuff around. I kept in contact with all the owners.
Posting this was a mistake. I don't need to hear everyone's opinions on kitten abortions and how I'm destroying the environment. I've already spoken with a shelter worker. She agreed with me and was glad to schedule an appt (to get her spayed) in 9 weeks from now. I spoke with my vet, who said at this point, aborting kittens who were kicking and moving was just cruel and puts my cat at risk. She also said she'd take one of the babies if there wasn't a home waiting for some reason. Don't act like I'm a horrible person for letting her have her kittens. Don't act like I'm ruining the environment, you're human. I guarantee you aren't perfect. I need barn cats. I'd rather not have traps and poison around the barns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom