Pics
1643384996999.png

Regular white vinegar. It's standard vinegar.
Most vinegar at the store is %5 acidity. Look on the label. It usually has the acidity right on the front. I've even substituted red wine vinegar before because it was 5% also on the bottle I had. "Regular" white vinegar should be fine, but check the acidity. more than 5% is fine too. It will be stronger tasting though unless you cut it proportionally to bring it to 5%.

I've never seen "canning" vinegar. I have always used the standard White Vinegar 5%.
I've even used Apple Cidar vinegar - just make sure it is 5%.
I prefer ACV actually. I like the taste better.
The "canning" vinegar is a thing as @BirdsBeesTrees has proven. It's a marketing gimmick IMO. It's often more expensive and sold near canning supplies. Going to the isle of oil, vinegar and salad dressing will save you money.

Yeah, that stuff is more expensive than the regular Heinz that I usually buy.
I can't believe how expensive vinegar has gotten. I thought $7 per gallon was bad last fall, I just saw it for $14 per gallon on Amazon. :eek:
Just another way to make it harder not to buy premade junk food.
I usually get 5 quarts (bonus quart over a gallon) for under $5 here. Walmart and Meijer are my go to stores for vinegar. The ACV is usually $1-$2 more for the 5 quart.

@BReeder! Thank you very much!! I needed to buy vinegar today and I looked at the Meijer website - they have the 128 oz jugs for $2.99. I will restock my pantry. I have just recently started to shop at the new local Meijer. It is a huge store, and has a weird (to me) layout, but I will get over that. So far nice prices on most things.

@BReeder! Thank you very much!! I needed to buy vinegar today and I looked at the Meijer website - they have the 128 oz jugs for $2.99. I will restock my pantry. I have just recently started to shop at the new local Meijer. It is a huge store, and has a weird (to me) layout, but I will get over that. So far nice prices on most things.
I don't shop their for meat. Their selection is limited. I only buy chicken there when it's on sale. I prefer other grocers for meat generally for better prices and larger selection. I do get produce, frozen goods, dry goods/non-perishables and paper products from them though. They are generally a good grocer IMO. And I like that I can grab housewares or clothes while there too, much like Walmart.

Back
Top Bottom