Prettiest HYBRID chicken show "ENDED"

Quote:
Oh My!!
ep.gif
Are his babies as equally endowed? He is spectacular! You can't even see his head under all that comb! Thanks for sharing!!
clap.gif
clap.gif

He is in with my layer group. He is near the top of the pecking order. I think I have a few chicks from him but they are only a week or two old. He is quite the cross. I got him from a friend to try and get some of this comb in my flock. Mama is a Sikkie x Bantam Cochin. They thought Dad was a Buttercup but I'm thinking it was a Redcap. I gave these friends both parents as chicks a few years ago. He has a little tuft on his head, 5 toes, and feathered legs.

Quote:
Sorry I meant mommy was either an Orpington or Sussex, which since you mentioned Coronation, pretty sure that's the ticket. You mentioned you don't know who mommy is, and the pink legs are kind of a giveaway?

Congrats to all though!
big_smile.png
My Marans cross I'm sure is a happy boy.

I mentioned that he had been put in with some coronation sussex to cross on them, not that the ameracuana was penned with sussex. I keep all my breeds separated, zero chance of unintentional breeding ever. The Ameraucana only had access to four ameraucana hens, blue and splash, and two of these EE's the one closest up to the front, and the one way in back with a lot of black. They were golden laced wyandotte/ameraucana mixes I got from a friend. I know which six birds he came from, but not which one of the six.
glwee.jpg

Last edited:
No I know, I'm just saying, - The pink legs and color had to come from something that wasn't your average EE . . . . Like, say, that single combed pink legged rooster in the background there.
smile.png

Do you have any idea what breed the middle chick is because I have one just like it and I have no idea what it is. I searched up Maran and black australope chicks and they don't look anything like that. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom