PROBIOTICS for you and your chickens

Quote:
Yeah, me too! But I guess it is better than calling it Kefir fungus or Kefir bacteria... I am excited! I am getting some grains from a most wonderful person.

Quote:
Of Course you can use canned peaches for smoothies....I do it all the time because fresh peaches are not in season year round. I drain mine and puree them in the blender with milk, a little sugar and a scoop full of ice. Sometimes I throw in some frozen blueberries too. nummy, nummy, nummy.

Oh, and I use the drained syrup to drizzle on pancakes or vanilla ice cream for a topping. I suppose you could thicken it with some cornstarch and cook until clear, but I only go to that much trouble for guests.

I would like to introduce my new kitchen counter pet: Kiki

34695_camera_download_1-15-11_108.jpg

Kiki, meet.....................everyone!!!!!!!

She is my brand new kefir culture and is quite happy to be here with me. We had kefir pancakes this morning that were wonderful! And we will have Kefir smoothies tomorrow. Later on, next week we will try making no knead refrigerator bread. Kiki is happy to accomodate and is growing rapidly. This is SO much fun!!!!!

Quote:
Thankyou so much !!!
As you can expect when I see "grains" I freeze !!!
It is nice that some food producers are finally posting the exact contents of the foods they make, since the FDA made it law, what...20 years ago ?????
I will do kefir then, and study it's processes, it may be OK for me and it may not.
I have come to the intelligent realization that "I" am merely hitching a ride on this 'body'...and I have no idea when or where it may break out in scalding raises or bloat to 16 months pregnant.
I am now after some good essential oils for my chakras...thanks all for your help and time explaining!!!!

So You follow the Yogi approach! If any of you are going what are chakras but were afraid to ask go to this site and it explains a little http://healing.about.com/cs/chakras/a/alignchakras.htm this is not totally unlike Asian Medicines (Chinese for one that open the different channels of energy (CHI) for One)
I will have to see if I can find some of my sites that make esential oils for medicinal use!! What types of oils are you looking for if I may ask!

Dont freeze when you see grains! These little beauties are like no other grains you have ever seen! \\\\

Ernie

Just thought I would mention real quick: when you are searching for oils, make sure the oils you are looking at are ok for internal use as well-they must be pure essential oils. There are many oils out there that are synthetic and are no good for holistic use either inside or outside the body. This is why pure oils are so expensive. Aura Cacia makes a decent oil at a fair price if you are on a budget. Young Living/doTerra are top of the line and therefore kinda pricey.

Quote:
I would like to hear more on your holistic healing stuff.

And on my counter (actually in the bathroom, I[I don't want to scareEVERYBODY away]) add the meal worms!!!

Quote:
Wis, that's great! Where are you getting your certification? It has become more and more obvious to me how our choices about our diet/lifestyle/attitude towards life affect everything! I am an esthetician, and have worked with massage therapists and energy workers for years and years. I would like to go to massage therapy school as well, but even moreso want to study holistic nutrition and herbal medicine. Unfortunately, there are no schools close to me except one in the mountains that does accupuncture training. I have found several schools that do correspondence courses.

I try and stress a Wellness and lifestyle based approach to skin care with my clients. It is hard for people to understand that the condition of the skin has more to do with what they put in their bodies, than what they apply to the skin topically.

That's great, Andrea-keep up with the search, something will come up that works for you, I guarentee it! I am currently going through Reiki Blessings Academy for my certification/bachelor degree. I have a wonderful friend who received her certification from there. I actually started my Reiki training with my friend, up to level 2, but now I am working on my Reiki Master through RBA as it is part of the certified program. RBA has a decent course package, and Alli is very nice to work with. The only problem I seem to be having is that she bases her curriculum on strict Indian philosiphy, which I am having a bit of a hard time grasping. I think I prefer the Oriental customs and practices more so than the Indian. There is another correspondence course that I found that I intend to sign up for in the near future-UMS-University of Metaphysical Sciences. They have a good degree program, all the way up to a PHD, and they are not really all that spendy either.

Quote:
So You follow the Yogi approach! If any of you are going what are chakras but were afraid to ask go to this site and it explains a little http://healing.about.com/cs/chakras/a/alignchakras.htm this is not totally unlike Asian Medicines (Chinese for one that open the different channels of energy (CHI) for One)
I will have to see if I can find some of my sites that make esential oils for medicinal use!! What types of oils are you looking for if I may ask!

Dont freeze when you see grains! These little beauties are like no other grains you have ever seen! \\\\

Ernie

Hi thought I'd throw this in fore I went to bed Have a wonderful and prosperous day all: ERNIE

The two most well known cultures which have developed systems for working with energy are India and china.
If you want to be technical about it, the idea of people having an energetic field that should be worked with is a much larger part of Chinese culture than that within India. However, India has been much more exposed to the west than china (since they were colonized by the British for a while), so much more of their practices have become known over here. A couple of people earlier on took some of the Hindu and yoga practices and blended them into a discipline called theosophy.
More recently, theosophy and parts of christianity were blended together to create the new age movement, and since a large part of it comes from indian practices, the notion of Chakras has become quite well known in the west.

In india they have a narrower discipline of working with the bodies energies (termed prana), and one of the main things they focus on within that system is doing stuff with the chakras, energetic centers in the body. The people in the west that latched onto this system (in my opinion) didn't fully understand it, so as a result a huge emphasis is placed on the chakras and they are viewed as the great key to spirituality and everything which could possibly matter.

The chinese system terms the bodies energy "chi" and they have thousands upon thousands of ways to work with the energy in your body. In some ways it's correct to say chi=prana, but the indian definition is much narrower.
One of the reasons so many methods exist is because a lot of different energetic systems exist within the human body (one of which is the accupuncture meridian lines), and each energetic system requires a different method to be worked with.
One of those systems is the "energy gates"* which are basically points on the body which act as transformer stations and boost the strength of chi flowing through your body. The overlap isn't perfect, but the 7 chakras basically correlate to some of the main energy gates in the body.

Hope that helps! If you need to know anything else about this feel free to message me.

If you want to know more about this (specifically how the whole energy gates system works), there's a very good book on the subject, that being "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body."

*there isn't really an english term for it.

Ernie,
I think many cultures have different beliefs on energy systems. Yes, if you lay a Western trigger point chart over a marma chart over a sen line chart, over a meridian chart, over a chakra chart many of theses points or lines are very close to being the same or very close. I think what is important is that a person should work with whichever energy system resonates with that individual. I also agree with your statement about chakras being misunderstood and being viewed as "the great key". I think energy work in any form is good for balancing any of us!
Ginny

(edited to say, here I expounding the goodnes of different "cultures". No pun intended;) )

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom