PROBIOTICS for you and your chickens

Quote:
Check out young living essential oils, they are phenomenal!

Young living essential oils are expensive ,but they are worth it. You will only need a drop on each chakra.

And yes 2% works fine!

Ahh yes...I did forget to mention that they are quite expensive!

Quote:
Hi Chickielady

Here is the Kefir Primer so to speak! I am not the total athourity but make a LOT of Kefir Myself! The store bought kefir should not contain any wheat! The grains is kinda a deciving entity so to speak as is has nothing to do with Grain as most think ! The grains are the little popcorn looking cultures that we have when we make kefir! (Hmmmm Lets see the Grains are Milk based bacterial cultures that are used to Make milk kefir http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/Makekefir.html#Utensils This site will give you some insight to Kefir and How its made and makeup and just about everything else http://www.kefirlady.com/orderkefirgrains.htm Also this site is a very good information source!!

Kefir is made from using the grains and adding them to whole milk of some kind (I think Ginny uses 2% milk and it works OK) Letting culture for 24 hours straining and then reaping your rewards 42 different probiotics and yeast cultures!! The store bought only has about 10 probiotics in it! If it looks like it is something you would like PM me and we will talk before you order from someone else!!

Ernie

Thankyou so much !!!
As you can expect when I see "grains" I freeze !!!
It is nice that some food producers are finally posting the exact contents of the foods they make, since the FDA made it law, what...20 years ago ?????
I will do kefir then, and study it's processes, it may be OK for me and it may not.
I have come to the intelligent realization that "I" am merely hitching a ride on this 'body'...and I have no idea when or where it may break out in scalding raises or bloat to 16 months pregnant.
I am now after some good essential oils for my chakras...thanks all for your help and time explaining!!!!

So You follow the Yogi approach! If any of you are going what are chakras but were afraid to ask go to this site and it explains a little http://healing.about.com/cs/chakras/a/alignchakras.htm this is not totally unlike Asian Medicines (Chinese for one that open the different channels of energy (CHI) for One)
I will have to see if I can find some of my sites that make esential oils for medicinal use!! What types of oils are you looking for if I may ask!

Dont freeze when you see grains! These little beauties are like no other grains you have ever seen! \\\\

Ernie

Quote:
Thankyou so much !!!
As you can expect when I see "grains" I freeze !!!
It is nice that some food producers are finally posting the exact contents of the foods they make, since the FDA made it law, what...20 years ago ?????
I will do kefir then, and study it's processes, it may be OK for me and it may not.
I have come to the intelligent realization that "I" am merely hitching a ride on this 'body'...and I have no idea when or where it may break out in scalding raises or bloat to 16 months pregnant.
I am now after some good essential oils for my chakras...thanks all for your help and time explaining!!!!

So You follow the Yogi approach! If any of you are going what are chakras but were afraid to ask go to this site and it explains a little http://healing.about.com/cs/chakras/a/alignchakras.htm this is not totally unlike Asian Medicines (Chinese for one that open the different channels of energy (CHI) for One)
I will have to see if I can find some of my sites that make esential oils for medicinal use!! What types of oils are you looking for if I may ask!

Dont freeze when you see grains! These little beauties are like no other grains you have ever seen! \\\\

Ernie

Hi thought I'd throw this in fore I went to bed Have a wonderful and prosperous day all: ERNIE

The two most well known cultures which have developed systems for working with energy are India and china.
If you want to be technical about it, the idea of people having an energetic field that should be worked with is a much larger part of Chinese culture than that within India. However, India has been much more exposed to the west than china (since they were colonized by the British for a while), so much more of their practices have become known over here. A couple of people earlier on took some of the Hindu and yoga practices and blended them into a discipline called theosophy.
More recently, theosophy and parts of christianity were blended together to create the new age movement, and since a large part of it comes from indian practices, the notion of Chakras has become quite well known in the west.

In india they have a narrower discipline of working with the bodies energies (termed prana), and one of the main things they focus on within that system is doing stuff with the chakras, energetic centers in the body. The people in the west that latched onto this system (in my opinion) didn't fully understand it, so as a result a huge emphasis is placed on the chakras and they are viewed as the great key to spirituality and everything which could possibly matter.

The chinese system terms the bodies energy "chi" and they have thousands upon thousands of ways to work with the energy in your body. In some ways it's correct to say chi=prana, but the indian definition is much narrower.
One of the reasons so many methods exist is because a lot of different energetic systems exist within the human body (one of which is the accupuncture meridian lines), and each energetic system requires a different method to be worked with.
One of those systems is the "energy gates"* which are basically points on the body which act as transformer stations and boost the strength of chi flowing through your body. The overlap isn't perfect, but the 7 chakras basically correlate to some of the main energy gates in the body.

Hope that helps! If you need to know anything else about this feel free to message me.

If you want to know more about this (specifically how the whole energy gates system works), there's a very good book on the subject, that being "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body."

*there isn't really an english term for it.

So nice to hear people talk about healing holistically! I am working toward getting my Holistic Health Practitioner certification-only 2 more courses to complete-yay! (I will expand more on this when I have time-DD is after me to get off the computer so we can go to DS's house). Anyway, I got my Kefir grains and my scoby today so my kitchen has turned into a science lab: sourdough starter, yogurt, Kefir, and Kombucha tea all growing on the counter.........

Last edited:
Oh boy I cannot even say how awesome you all are, and I have book marked the sites ERNIE and will log on in the AM to search out the essential oils I need, thanks from my very soul !
It has been rare to find anyone that really cares !
Thankyou!!

Quote:
Wis, that's great! Where are you getting your certification? It has become more and more obvious to me how our choices about our diet/lifestyle/attitude towards life affect everything! I am an esthetician, and have worked with massage therapists and energy workers for years and years. I would like to go to massage therapy school as well, but even moreso want to study holistic nutrition and herbal medicine. Unfortunately, there are no schools close to me except one in the mountains that does accupuncture training. I have found several schools that do correspondence courses.

I try and stress a Wellness and lifestyle based approach to skin care with my clients. It is hard for people to understand that the condition of the skin has more to do with what they put in their bodies, than what they apply to the skin topically.

I have been faithfully watching this post and I finally got my kefir from the kefir lady - help - I did what the directions say, put it in a glass bowl/jar with mile - 2 cups for over 24 hours and it has not really done anything except give off a tart smell - is that normal? I covered it with a cloth and loose rubber band. I am wondering if I shoudl have put it in the rfrigerator......anyone?

Quote:
That's normal! I would go ahead and strain it and make another batch, or You could let it sit for another 24 hours. It goes through an adjustment phase before it really gets going. I gave my first few batches to my animals.

Just want to mention if you are culturing multiple products keep them away from each other or they could cross contaminate each other and weaken the cultures. I'm not sure how far away they should be.... Someone here should know.

Quote:
That's normal! I would go ahead and strain it and make another batch, or You could let it sit for another 24 hours. It goes through an adjustment phase before it really gets going. I gave my first few batches to my animals.

Thank you so much - Overall, I am so excited to try something so good for me, and hopefully it will help the carpal tunnel I have that is so brutally painful....................

Back
Top Bottom