PROBIOTICS for you and your chickens

Quote:
I don't know if anyone has tried the Bragg's Liquid Amino Acid. It tastes like soy sauce to me. To be honest I haven't read what is in there but knowing a little about the company I doubt it has MSG. Check it out at the health food store. Plus it's good for you.
Wow! That is a lot of disorders! Thankfully I only have one: Graves Disease. That's enough for me to handle. I don't know how you do it! You must be a very strong and determined woman...........

Thanks everyone !
I will look into it.
smile.png

Quote:
They say it's better after it ripens in the refrigerator for 48 hours (after culturing 24 hours at room temperature). I just got mine too and I'm waiting 2 more days before I taste it. Mine is growing by leaps and bounds! This is wonderful!!!!

I got my Kefir Grains today!! I'm so excited!!

I promply put them in a glass jar, covered with 3 cups of milk, and stashed away in the cupboard until tomorrow. I can't wait to see how it taste.

I got mine today as well - came faster than I expected. I don't have any milk today that I consider suitable to start them in. Does anyone know if I should keep them in the fridge until I can start them or should I just let them at room temp? I don't have access to raw milk so I will just have to use some of the whole milk sold by a local dairy.​

I'm using whole milk from the grocery store and they are doing fine! I hear they need to have fresh milk to 'eat', so I would put some kind of milk over them and keep them at a cool room temp.

Quote:
I got mine today as well - came faster than I expected. I don't have any milk today that I consider suitable to start them in. Does anyone know if I should keep them in the fridge until I can start them or should I just let them at room temp? I don't have access to raw milk so I will just have to use some of the whole milk sold by a local dairy.

I'm just using the Whole Milk that I buy at the store for mine. Someome told me that I could use that and it wouldn't hurt it.

BTW, I seen whole goats milk at the grocery store also. It was sold in gallon and half gallon sizes. Wasn't much more than the other milk I buy. I might try that one day soon.

hencackle I know you didn't do the page from lehmans, I was talking about being able to bring it from one place to another, that is something I don't know how to do
sad.png

Quote:
I got mine today as well - came faster than I expected. I don't have any milk today that I consider suitable to start them in. Does anyone know if I should keep them in the fridge until I can start them or should I just let them at room temp? I don't have access to raw milk so I will just have to use some of the whole milk sold by a local dairy.

I'm just using the Whole Milk that I buy at the store for mine. Someome told me that I could use that and it wouldn't hurt it.

BTW, I seen whole goats milk at the grocery store also. It was sold in gallon and half gallon sizes. Wasn't much more than the other milk I buy. I might try that one day soon.

Just make sure the goat milk doesnt say ULtRA Pasturised cause that supposedly wont work!!

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom