Problems with James Marie Farms

Oregonbeek

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 18, 2013
Does anyone know what's happening at James Marie Farms? I was told by my contact there that he had some medical problems and now I haven't heard back from him in awhile.

I ordered some eggs from him and had a huge problem with my order. I posted about it here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ickly-quail-eggs-wont-fit-into-my-quail-rails

And since then he has said he was going to send me a refund multiple times and then finally stopped contacting me.

I was wondering if anyone else had any problems recently with them or if anyone knew what their status was?

I spoke with them last week. They are having some problems with hatching a due to heat. Said they were hoping to start shipping in September.

Does anyone know what's happening at James Marie Farms? I was told by my contact there that he had some medical problems and now I haven't heard back from him in awhile.
As for the medical problems, I spoke with Robby in June when I purchased my eggs, and he did in fact tell me that he had a serious medical issue and was going to take some time off to recuperate.

I sent him an email updating him on my hatch, and haven't had a reply. He's been back in my thoughts and prayers ever since.
James

Hmmm. I sent a payment to them over a week ago for an order I made for some Pharaoh quail. I was preparing to get them any day now and had the incubator up and running for them. I guess I should have checked with them first.
hu.gif

I just spoke with Robbie at JMF. There are very few companies that go above and beyond what would be considered acceptable service, and they are definitely one of them. The heat in LA is taking a toll on the fertility of their birds, which is one of the reasons they are holding off taking new orders. This is only so they can continue to send the best quality eggs to their customers. They will be able to start their shipping again in September or October. (I appreciate a company that will consider the customer's needs before their own financial gain. They could have continued selling the eggs, knowing that they would not have the same successful hatch rate)

James Marie Farms has been great to deal with. I would not order from anyone else other then them! Like everyone they run into problems on occasion and are always willing to go the extra.

We are having this same exact issue right this second. It's been over 2 months since the initial order!!! Did yours ever get resolved

Give me a call at farm phone # on website...that # is forwarded also to my personal phone...while I was out sick again this last few months I was not able to answer emails...phone calls and messages are the best way to reach me...
I'm back at farm working full time this week ....we are booked up till November on all types of Coturnix so we're not taking any new orders until then....
TY
JMF

We are having this same exact issue right this second. It's been over 2 months since the initial order!!! Did yours ever get resolved

No. He told me probably 3-4 times that a refund check was in the mail and it never was and has never came to me despite half a dozen emails confirming my address etc.

I tend to really want to give people the benefit of doubt, and feel bad for the guy if it was all a giant misunderstanding, but the truth is that I had a miserable experience with JMF from start to finish, and simply switched producers and it went extremely smooth.

If it was all a sickness then hopefully he salvages the business and it all gets better for them. The first thing I'd do is fire whoever packs their eggs for shipments.

JMF has been fair in my dealings with them - on two occasions. stuff happens. mother nature in the summer can be quite difficult, i am happy to keep my quail and rabbits alive.

Back
Top Bottom