Problems with James Marie Farms

Last time I spoke to him he was shipping 90,000 eggs per month. I'm sure very few of us can imagine how busy he is and the volume of calls, emails, eggs, and packages that he goes through. He loves what he does. If you have a problem, call the number and speak to him and he will make it better. If you want some A&M and "Jumbo" Browns and can't stand to wait go get you some that are 9 oz as adults from Craigslist from Joe down the street. Or if you want the best eggs, give him a few weeks and communicate with him.

I really don't have the time to answer your post but since I've had more than twenty calls about it here it goes....
First off...."Congratulations" on your first post .....take the time to read the wealth of knowledge this forum has to offer....I know I spent a long time talking to you last year when you made your first order with the farm that was cancelled....and spent over a half hour again on 3/16 explaining to you how to cross the 25 AM eggs and 25 Pharaoh eggs you ordered....I made sure to take the time to help you as I do for all people who call about Coturnix....I answer several hundred calls and emails a week...I carry three iPhones with me because I go though several battery cycles a day sometimes....I told you on 3/16 we were extremely booked but if you were willing I would try and work your order in between shipments and if a opening became available if a order was canceled for nonpayment ....I did tell you I would try and ship the last week of March or the first week in April....that was not possible and I informed you on one of the many calls you have made to the farm.....I told you as you stated I would ship your order on 4/30....I had shipped 273 boxes of eggs last week (23,000+eggs) on Mon.-Tues.-Wed. And had enough graded eggs to fill your order.....which I did fill and ship.....and texted a copy of receipt from the post office to you at 4:31 pm Thursday 4/30.....you did call on 5/1 but I didn't tell you something was wrong with my computer.....I don't use the office computer for correspondence due to having been hacked twice .....I only use the three iPhones I carry and a iPad....and had sent your text on Thursday afternoon....as you stated above....I didn't tell you your eggs were packed on Sunday...I told you I start packing on Sunday afternoon for Monday am shipments and ship once or twice a day as eggs are harvested graded and packed till Thursday afternoon .....sometimes even shipping on Friday if the customer request that day....the NPIP report form on the outside of the boxes shows your eggs were packed on the 29th (1030 pm)...and shipped on the 30th..you asked me when the eggs would arrive and I told you I didn't have that information in front of me because I was at home for a couple hours after having been at the farm for the past 5 days sleeping in the break room to get as many orders out as possible that week...I told you I though your order was scheduled for Sat. Delivery but to check the text pic I sent ......you thanked me and I told you if you needed to call me back.... The post office didn't delivery your eggs Saturday .....that is beyond my control....I have 21 boxes out of 273 shipped last week that didn't make it on time....I spent half a day with people who didn't get their eggs....some were suppose to be delivered Tuesday and as if today still no update on tracking or delivery ...that is not my fault like I told you....I did tell you as I told everybody else if they didn't get delivery or a 50% hatch rate on packages delivered I would replace the shipment at no charge....something I do every time the post office doesn't deliver on time or if a package is lost in transit.....as thousands and thousands if customers I've shipped to over the years know as I told you on your first call if you don't get at least a 50% hatch rate I'll replace eggs that didn't hatch if the customer covers shipping....I'm the only farm I know of in the USA that offers replacement eggs....in your case I told you today I would completely replace your order if you wanted even before you tried hatching them....I told you to call me tomorrow after your mail was delivered and we would make a decision....
You ended the call being satisfied with the offer and Thanked me....and now this post....

I've sold over a million hatching eggs in the last three years....I've shipped over 289,000 eggs since Jan. 1st and your shipping ticket is #3164....that's 3164 customers I've shipped eggs to so far this year....and only a handful have been late or had delayed delivery by the post office....over 60 boxes have been lost by the post office and I reshipped every box at my expense because I felt it was the right thing to do....just like I offered you....

Shipping hatching eggs is the least profitable thing we do at the farm....considering the thousands of dollars of eggs I give away every year to people- schools - universities I sometimes wonder why I do it .....and then I get a Thank you card like last month from a class of 5 th grade kids thanking me for the eggs and incubator I donated to their class or a box of Cheese from a customer in Wisconsin thanking me for working in his order even though I'm booked up for the next 6 weeks....

To the Thousands and Thousands of people who have ordered from James Marie Farms over the years it has been a pleasure to help you and willing to do it all over again....those who know me know the love I have for Coturnix and have devoted the rest of my life to the advancement of the breed....I have over 30 different colors and still looking to source and produce more colors to offer breeders and researchers across the US....

To the very short list of oeople who feel I fell short I extend my sincere apologies ...
I'm only human and never said I could walk on water .....

My mother and father always said " Help a hundred people and nobody ever takes the time to tell others - but upset one person and the world will hear about it"
I think this statement is more true than ever because people use social media to hide behind a made up name so nobody knows who they are.....

Again call me tomorrow if your eggs don't arrive and I'll work with you....

Way to stand up for yourself! I applaud the work you are doing and the way you are doing it. As a near future customer I am happy to see the kind of effort and dedication that you put into your business to help even the smaller orders. This tells more about your character and the standards that you hold yourself and company to then any thing else could.

I remember reading this a while back thinking bummer. When it was revived i admit a frown set upon my face. Be within a short period of time there was a smile locked in !!! I have learned there are some customers that are never happy. I never planned to do business with James but after his reply t think i will place an order jest for the pleasure of doing business with a man of his caliber!

I have never order any eggs from you but I am a farmer to I know how it is man some of these people live in the city but hey we don't bash were you work or your lifestyle so why one the world would you bash a fellow farmer that is just doing the best he can do to get your eggs to you as fast as possible I mean if the post office dose loses your order I got confidence that he will work with you just like any other farmer would well I would order off him even if you bash his operation but I do here all the good things he dose and all the happy customers he has so just leave it at your eggs got lost in the mail which ant his fault at all

Robbie is a good man. He has helped me out when everything is going wrong. He admits when it was his fault and more than fixes the problem. He is in a business where there are alot of things are out of his control ( weather, employees, post office, animals ect.) From my experience he is an awesome business man. He takes care of his customers very well. If people keep poking at him we could lose this great resource for quail. Not to many breeders as nice and honest as Robbie. Thanks for the great service you provide us with. More happy customers should speak up.
Oh ya I am the guy who sent him the cheese. He EARNED it.

I haven't order any eggs off him but everyone I have seen that order eggs from him and I think I am going to try the eggs he's got

Just want to put down my experience with James Marrie Farm. Before I put in my order, I did a lot of research and found that James Marie Farm had a mixed review, some have bad experience some have good experience but I don’t find any other reliable source so I finally take my chance to order from JMF.
I understand that I have to wait for 4 weeks. I am ok with that but I did not get my order on time as he estimate instead it was delay for two weeks so it took a total of 6 week before I actually get the eggs from him (I know thing could happen). I was very happy until three weeks later I was disappoint big time. I email JMF just to let him know that his eggs is a total fail. I bought 250 eggs and only hatched 18 total.
You might said I did it wrong!!!! but let me tell you more about me. I build my own incubator that hatched my other line of coturnix like popcorn, but with JMF’s eggs it is a total fail. Both me I my brother incubate JMF’s egg in three different incubator, using the Farm Innovators Model 4250 Digital Circulated Air Incubator with Automatic Egg Turner and the one that I build it myself that normally hatch 70% or more.
On day 14 my brother report to me that he had 3 hatched so I was very excited and lock down my as soon as I got home from work, we both wait and wait until day 19 nothing happen. We decided to candle the egg, we are total disappoint after found that almost 200 eggs were not develop of any kind. They were all liquid when you shake it by your ear you can hear the liquid water sound inside the egg. We crash all the one that sound and proof that all liquid no development. We put the rest back to the incubator and wait and wait. My brother will get one or two a day. I got nothing, finally on day 21 my hatched out two chick and day 22 another batch of 6 hatched. All in all I got only 8 and my brother got 10 a total of 18 out of 250.
On May 23, 2017, I report to JMF and Robby immediately offer me a replacement eggs if I paid for the form and the shipping cost about $58. I think twice do I want to waste another $60 to try again, after a long discuss with my brother we decide to do it again. So I asked Robby to send me the payment request, he immediately reply and I made the payment. All this happened within two hours and about 6-8 email exchanged, but after I paid the drama begin!!!! my last email asked Robby a simple question when do I expect to get the replacement eggs? He never…never reply my email, over a week later on the 6/2/17 I send him another email to ask him when is the replacement egg schedule to be ship. He never reply….. I wait and wait….I week later on 06/08/17 I call him. He told me it was schedule to ship today, I should get them on 6/10/17, if he can’t do it later on Thursday the 8th, he will make sure it come out on Monday morning the12th. If I don’t see it on Saturday the 10th then I should get then on Wednesday the 14th. I wait until Saturday no egg show up but patient and wait again until end of Wednesday the 14th. I send him an email asking has him ship the eggs yet. He never reply……On 06/20/17 I call him and he said “sorry” he ran out of shipping form, he will ship the next day, I should get it no later than Friday the 23th. But I never get them….I call him again and he said the supplier screw up they send him the wrong form….same story go on I should get it Saturday…The third time he said due to the bad weather they have to move thousand of bird to higher ground.
After the third excuse, I starting to wonder the man is full of excuse should I trust him?????? I ask him do you plan to send the replacement egg? He said YES… big yes with confident. A week later he still not ship, I call him this time he said he will check and give me a call right back. He never call… I call again, the same story go on, he full of confident that he will make sure it send out the next Monday. By the following week Wednesday no egg, I wait one more day on Thursday I call him what happen to the replacement egg. He realized he have not yet ship and try to say the same thing again. I just told him I want my money back. I was very lucky to get my shipping cost of $58 back. However, I lost $150 to buy 250 junk eggs from him and only get 18 chick out of the 250 eggs.
Six week later, the chick growth to under 8 oz, my other line of coturnix will easily make it to 8 oz by week number 6. As of right now, it is already on the week number 8, I still have two white and one gold from him that is not lay or crow. I am sure they are female but never lay egg yet. Robby might be the pro but his quail is not pro, my quail will lay at 6 week and start crow at week number 5.
All in all, I will say do business with James Marie Farm at your own risk…..the man is full of excuse!!!

Back
Top Bottom