Production Red’s Gender Identity

jaredrah777

Chirping
Jul 26, 2023
Hi guys so ive been getting such crazy mixed answers on the genders of my two production reds. I actually brought them into a local farmer who breeds these guys and he was pretty stumped also…When i got them i was told they were 95% sure to be female’s but i thought id post here to verify and now that im questioning their gender 🤔

Snagged better pictures/ will clip them below

Attachments

• IMG_2331.png
    IMG_2331.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2329.png
    IMG_2329.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2332.png
    IMG_2332.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2330.png
    IMG_2330.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2334.png
    IMG_2334.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2333.png
    IMG_2333.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
would also greatly appreciate some tips to really get to tell the gender in the upcoming weeks here when they start to show

5.5-6weeks
So if they are real production reds they would be pullets, because they would be sex linked, so they males would be mostly white.
However, as there was some doubt about it I'm wondering if they aren't actually sexlinked, in which case the only way to tell at this age is comb and wattles size/colour, and general build. I am going with pullets at this point, but if they get any more colour in their combs they might be cockerels.
At 10 to 12 weeks of age if cockerels they will get new saddle feather that will be pointed, coming though.

im
So if they are real production reds they would be pullets, because they would be sex linked, so they males would be mostly white.
However, as there was some doubt about it I'm wondering if they aren't actually sexlinked, in which case the only way to tell at this age is comb and wattles size/colour, and general build. I am going with pullets at this point, but if they get any more colour in their combs they might be cockerels.
At 10 to 12 weeks of age if cockerels they will get new saddle feather that will be pointed, coming though.
hope ur right🙏

Back
Top Bottom