PRODUCTION Toulouse Geese Thread!!

Like I said, I bought some that were not used to people, they had goslings and the goslings became really tame.  Those same goslings have grown and had their own, and they´re really quite easy to deal with.  I can pick them up as and when I want, both the adults and the goslings.  all goose-reared.  As MLyd says, maybe it has to do with the breed (although mine are also mixed-breed, so maybe not just that) but it has a lot to do with your ealtionship with your geese and how much time you spend with them, etc.  At the moment I can hardly get in through the gate, as there are, aside from the ducks and chickens, around 40 geese of different ages all waiting for me, and I can just go and pick up any one of them with the exception of the 4 that I bought as adults and have never quite got to trust people that much.   They´ve not passed the suspicion on to their youngsters.   that´s not bad going.
U funny.

I wish I could have that many. I'm lucky to have Pear and Kiwi, I'm only a junior in high school.

Carrosaur, with all the compassion you show for your birds and, from your signature file, other animals as well as the level of responsibility you demonstrate and only a Junior in High School...your parents should be very proud.

You have no idea how much that means to me! :D

I wish I could have that many. I'm lucky to have Pear and Kiwi, I'm only a junior in high school.
When I was young my dad let me have aviaries for budgies and finches, etc, and I had rabbits and guinea-pigs. I learned a lot and came to know a great deal about them. But when I had my own place, well......
lau.gif
Just wait, in so many years you´ll be helping people out on these threads because of your vast understanding of waterfowl. And who knows how many you´ll have besides Pear and Kiwi, or how many and which specific breeds you´ll be working with. Yum!

When I was young my dad let me have aviaries for budgies and finches, etc, and I had rabbits and guinea-pigs.  I learned a lot and came to know a great deal about them.  But when I had my own place, well......  :lau   Just wait, in so many years you´ll be helping people out on these threads because of your vast understanding of waterfowl.  And who knows how many you´ll have besides Pear and Kiwi, or how many and which specific breeds you´ll be working with.  Yum!

I'm planning on expanding my flock!!!

Back
Top Bottom