PRODUCTION Toulouse Geese Thread!!

He's eating a lot more and swims in the pool again! So he's doing a little better.
Yeah for Kiwi, that is good news.

Some years ago a member posted that her cousin lived in Canada and out side of a bowling ally there was a dead Canada goose and right next to it was it's mate, still alive but going down hill fast because she would not leave. she was wanting to get help for this goose before it died, that strong bond they had was still strong in death and she would just lay there and die beside her mate. She never did post back if they found a rescue but i do remember a couple of people posted about there being some in the area so hopefully they got her help. But isn't that amazing how much of a bond the have, I call it love. I know it's a human emotion but what ever these birds have it has to be pretty close to it.

I call it love. I know it's a human emotion but what ever these birds have it has to be pretty close to it.
I don't want to start a debate on if animals can love or not but I know that my animals do love me in much the same way I am capable of loving another human being. I would be hard to convince otherwise.

The science seems to support this as well. There is an interesting article in Psychology Today (http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-superhuman-mind/201402/can-animals-love) that argues in support of an animals capability to love and neurochemical research has shown that the hormone released when people are in love is released in animals in the same intimate circumstances.

So, I believe in by heart of hearts that animals can love and love very deeply. Not only their human companions but each other.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I don't want to start a debate on if animals can love or not but I know that my animals do love me in much the same way I am capable of loving another human being. I would be hard to convince otherwise.

The science seems to support this as well. There is an interesting article in Psychology Today (http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-superhuman-mind/201402/can-animals-love) that argues in support of an animals capability to love and neurochemical research has shown that the hormone released when people are in love is released in animals in the same intimate circumstances.

So, I believe in by heart of hearts that animals can love and love very deeply. Not only their human companions but each other.

Just my 2 cents worth.
I don't doubt it one bit. Thanks for sharing that. Debate or not we have witnessed it with our own and that says it all. And thank you for reminding me of the name of the Movie Greyfriars Bobby, I had been talking to dh about that movie last week and couldn't remember the name of it. I want to see it again. Very interesting article, Love the tortoise and goose relationship.

Just my 2 cents worth.
I agree. People have a difficult time thinking that other species can love, but I know it is true.

I agree. People have a difficult time thinking that other species can love, but I know it is true.
I have a Muscovy drake that my dh and I raised from hatch [his mom rejected him] I know he loves me as much as i love him. Now he loves my dh too but see him as another drake in my life lol So their relationship has it's moments.

i still don't know what sex my 2 are they are about 4 or 5 mos. old i don't know much about geese they are my first one don't know when they shoud start laying

Back
Top Bottom