PRODUCTION Toulouse Geese Thread!!

Thank you Jtn. :lol: Kiwi has a whole pool to himself now. I love shopping! Crowds or no crowd I love going into stores and buying things!

Mine can all three fit in their kiddie pool at the same time if the all face the same direction and swim around in a circle like those plastic ducks you see at county fairs. Also, they have a black heavy rubber stock tank (actually for feeding horses) that is about 18 inches deep. Lydia likes to step up on the side of it and sort of dive in...of course half the water splashes out but she doesn't seem to mind.

I am also pumping myself up on coffee this a.m. I am not allowed to eat anything because I have a MD appt about noon.
barnie.gif
I recently found out I was diabetic and we have to do lab work all the time. What sense does it make to try to balance glucose and not be allowed to eat anything until noon on lab days???? Plus, I have to drive 50 miles to the doctor with low blood sugar...get out of my way folks!!!

I don't shop much, mainly online these days (sort of a digital mail order catalog). And, from Thanksgiving to New Years I will not go anywhere except the grocery store. No malls for me...I have developed a real dislike for crowds as I have gotten older.
I do most of my shopping on line too, although I do love to go to a thrift store now and again. I like Amazon alot.
That's what Sam and Babe were doing the other day going round and round it was hilarious..Babe bill looks good this morning too.

I'm sorry about your diabetes, that's not so good having to drive yourself to the Dr. when your blood sugar is going to be so low, Are you able to control by diet? when you can eat of course.

I do most of my shopping on line too, although I do love to go to a thrift store now and again. I like Amazon alot.
That's what Sam and Babe were doing the other day going round and round it was hilarious..Babe bill looks good this morning too.

I'm sorry about your diabetes, that's not so good having to drive yourself to the Dr. when your blood sugar is going to be so low, Are you able to control by diet? when you can eat of course.
I do pretty good controlling by diet and, around here, excercise. But I live with someone who could eat fried potatoes and meat and chocolate fudge cake at every meal. Of course his health is great. No blood sugar problems, no blood pressure problems. Me, I think about something twice and my blood pressure goes up or I dream about ice cream and my glucose goes wacky. So, we have to basically fix two meals for every meal. But we manage. My glucose problem is that it just won't go below 130 no matter what I do and it should be around 100.

Between my blood pressure, two heart attacks and now the diabetes...when I go to the grocery store and start reading labels I just want to sit down in the aisle and cry. It is either too much sodium for my blood pressure, too much fat for my heart or too many carbs for my diabetes. Not a whole lot left in most groceries.

Enough of that though. My birds give me some solace and a lot of entertainment, excercise and peace. All I have to do is sit there and watch them. If I sit long enough there are a couple of hens that like to jump up on my lap, snuggle down and go to sleep. What I need is a 100% weatherproof recliner for my barn yard.

I do pretty good controlling by diet and, around here, excercise. But I live with someone who could eat fried potatoes and meat and chocolate fudge cake at every meal. Of course his health is great. No blood sugar problems, no blood pressure problems. Me, I think about something twice and my blood pressure goes up or I dream about ice cream and my glucose goes wacky. So, we have to basically fix two meals for every meal. But we manage. My glucose problem is that it just won't go below 130 no matter what I do and it should be around 100.

Between my blood pressure, two heart attacks and now the diabetes...when I go to the grocery store and start reading labels I just want to sit down in the aisle and cry. It is either too much sodium for my blood pressure, too much fat for my heart or too many carbs for my diabetes. Not a whole lot left in most groceries.

Enough of that though. My birds give me some solace and a lot of entertainment, excercise and peace. All I have to do is sit there and watch them. If I sit long enough there are a couple of hens that like to jump up on my lap, snuggle down and go to sleep. What I need is a 100% weatherproof recliner for my barn yard.
That's too bad, to me Diabetes has to be up at the top as far as diseases, especially since we all love to eat. I am a label reader and understand just what your saying, I try and stay away from grains since they cause inflammation so I kind of know where your coming from. It would be a real challenge to be a diabetic in this world of so much good things to eat. I hope you get a good report today.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Dr. Mercola but I like reading his information maybe this will help?
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...ost-of-what-youve-been-told-may-be-wrong.aspx

Last edited:
That's too bad, to me Diabetes has to be up at the top as far as diseases, especially since we all love to eat. I am a label reader and understand just what your saying, I try and stay away from grains since they cause inflammation so I kind of know where your coming from. It would be a real challenge to be a diabetic in this world of so much good things to eat. I hope you get a good report today.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Dr. Mercola but I like reading his information maybe this will help?
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...ost-of-what-youve-been-told-may-be-wrong.aspx
Everything is o.k. Not worse but regretably not better either. But my A1C is still point one below six which keeps be off a medication treatment for now. Guess I will have to keep trying to do good. I read the article above. It is pretty much what my MD has told me so I guess I am one of the lucky ones where having a good doctor is concerned.

I Babe continuing to improve? Hope it was just a scratch.

Everything is o.k. Not worse but regretably not better either. But my A1C is still point one below six which keeps be off a medication treatment for now. Guess I will have to keep trying to do good. I read the article above. It is pretty much what my MD has told me so I guess I am one of the lucky ones where having a good doctor is concerned.

I Babe continuing to improve? Hope it was just a scratch.
I'm glad you have a good Dr. so many just want to slap you on meds when there are other things to try first. I'm glad you aren't having to take meds, hopefully you won't have to, take care of yourself we need you here on BYC.
smile.png

Couldn't hardly tell Babe had scratched herself today they heal so fast. They had the best time today with the weather being so mild, cloudy but mild.

I'm glad you have a good Dr. so many just want to slap you on meds when there are other things to try first. I'm glad you aren't having to take meds, hopefully you won't have to, take care of yourself we need you here on BYC.
smile.png

Couldn't hardly tell Babe had scratched herself today they heal so fast. They had the best time today with the weather being so mild, cloudy but mild.
Good news about Babe. We have a week of pretty decent weather coming after a little cold front rolls through tomorrow night. Predictions are for overcast, slight chance of showers and temps in the low 70's. Just what the geese and ducks (and even the chickens) like the most. A chance to get wet without getting cold. Funny how, even in a downpour, they will stay outside and flap around.

Good news about Babe. We have a week of pretty decent weather coming after a little cold front rolls through tomorrow night. Predictions are for overcast, slight chance of showers and temps in the low 70's. Just what the geese and ducks (and even the chickens) like the most. A chance to get wet without getting cold. Funny how, even in a downpour, they will stay outside and flap around.
I brought out the big pool after seeing the forecast for the rest of the month, it looks pretty good so they can all get into this pool at one time and frolic.lol

It's nice to be able to get outside and sit with them. Just would like to have some sunshine along with it.
smile.png

Babe has a small cut on her bill but it's looking fine. no telling where she stuck it.
roll.png

I brought out the big pool after seeing the forecast for the rest of the month, it looks pretty good so they can all get into this pool at one time and frolic.lol

It's nice to be able to get outside and sit with them. Just would like to have some sunshine along with it.
smile.png

Babe has a small cut on her bill but it's looking fine. no telling where she stuck it.
roll.png
Babe's bill could have gone anywhere. They are the most curious of my birds. The poke and peek into every crack and crevice looking for that one little treat that got away. She could have poked in between a couple of boards and scratched it. It is one of God's great mysteries that we will never have an answer for.

Babe's bill could have gone anywhere. They are the most curious of my birds. The poke and peek into every crack and crevice looking for that one little treat that got away. She could have poked in between a couple of boards and scratched it. It is one of God's great mysteries that we will never have an answer for.
Probably so but you know how it is when one of your kids gets a boo boo.
A BYC member and friend asked me if I wanted to buy her Blue American gander oh how I wish I could , know anyone in Tenn who maybe interested?

Back
Top Bottom