Progressive paralysis in young Muscovy ducks

Well, here is the update. The little guys have been living in a dog crate and getting their feed boosted with brewers yeast and water fortified with electrolytes. We take them out daily to paddle in a pond but they sorta hurl themselves out quickly and sit in the grass. I came home from work this morning and went to get them and when I set them down they stood shakily, took a step, and plopped back down, shaking their tail feathers. They fight now when I carry them to the pond and bathe themselves and paddle around now. Still no walking but it looks like they are slowly on the mend. Thank you all again for your advice and kind words.
Thanks for updating we have all been hoping for good news. sounds promising.
thumbsup.gif

Well, The Penguin is now walking and seems to be almost totally recovered. The Dark Knight has a bad limp on her left leg but is mobile and I am hoping she gets back to normal. A long recovery process but they are finally well. Thanks again.

Well, The Penguin is now walking and seems to be almost totally recovered. The Dark Knight has a bad limp on her left leg but is mobile and I am hoping she gets back to normal. A long recovery process but they are finally well. Thanks again.
Wonderful News!!! did The Dark Knight have a wound? hopefully just keep up with what you've been doing and you'll see 100% in her too. Thanks for updating.

Great news! Thanks for sticking with them through thick and thin.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom