Prolapse vent bloodied help

Thank you for the link. I got some antibiotics. What is the dosage I should use?
Also, chicken was okay and today she is only pooping liquid white stuff.
Does that mean its another lash egg trying to pass? Should I start the antibiotics? I have baytril and amoxi what is the dosage and which one is better??
Also, just wanted to mention that her vent went back in! Yay!

Amoxicillin is not available due to a shortage, even for humans. If you have Baytril 10%, I will try to figure dosage. For the 10% liquid, it is 0.25-0.35 ml twice a day for 5 days. It can be hard to know if she has salpingitis or egg yolk peritonitis without a necropsy if you lose her. Salpingitis can lead to that. Let us know if her poops get more normal looking. Is she drinking water and eating some?

Amoxicillin is not available due to a shortage, even for humans. If you have Baytril 10%, I will try to figure dosage. For the 10% liquid, it is 0.25-0.35 ml twice a day for 5 days. It can be hard to know if she has salpingitis or egg yolk peritonitis without a necropsy if you lose her. Salpingitis can lead to that. Let us know if her poops get more normal looking. Is she drinking water and eating some?
I started her on amoxi but I only have 10 tablets 250 mg. Is that enough?
Also, she was getting healthier, her poops were looking normal and she had more energy but since yesterday she barely pooped and has liquid green poo and keeps straining. She isn't eating much today so I finally started the antibiotics. I hope I am not too late because she was doing so much better till now. It also seems like intestinal lining before she went all liquid poop.

Amoxicillin dosage can vary with chickens and birds, but you can give either 125 mg or 250 mg twice a day for 7 days. I would use the 125 mg dose since you only have about 5 day’s worth. Baytril is good to use as well. Egg withdrawal is 3 weeks. Do you have any calcium tablets or Tums in case she is straining to lay an egg?

Amoxicillin dosage can vary with chickens and birds, but you can give either 125 mg or 250 mg twice a day for 7 days. I would use the 125 mg dose since you only have about 5 day’s worth. Baytril is good to use as well. Egg withdrawal is 3 weeks. Do you have any calcium tablets or Tums in case she is straining to lay an egg?
I do have the calcium. I can give her some. I gave 250 once a day. Is that good? Or I will have to cut in half. So is it normal that she was getting better and now it's back to liquid poo. Is it because her egg is trying to come? She hasn't laid in a month.

A quick update: she is still straining and she did pass some lash eggs. Very tiny bits and one little ball that looks like tissue. Still not pooping normal. Do I continue the amoxi once a day?

A quick update: she is still straining and she did pass some lash eggs. Very tiny bits and one little ball that looks like tissue. Still not pooping normal. Do I continue the amoxi once a day?
Do you have any pictures of the bits? Cut any in half if you can. What kind of calcium do you have? Calcium citrate is best with vitamin D. 300-600 mg is usually a good dosage. I would dose her every day for the next week, or a week total.

Here is the pic with it cut open. I gave her half amoxi 125! One calcium citrate 250 mg with d3. Maybe I will give her in the evening too. She looks to be struggling. Hasn't eaten or drank anything. She loves peppers so I am giving her some.
20240125_104417.jpg

Back
Top Bottom