Props to the HovaBator Genesis 1588 w/automatic turner!

How did your hatch go?

I had 4 pip last night around 8:00 p.m. They hatched this morning 3 out of 4 had bad navels. No more pips!
hit.gif

Well it started out bad when the eggs came the box was smashed bad on one side and 3 eggs where broke.At no fault of the shipper! USPS sucks! They must play football with the packages at break time! I got 21 eggs total. I candled 4 that where clear.They looked scrambled and that made 14 left. They where in the same bator as my turkey eggs up until lockdown. Then I put them in seperate bators to hatch. Updated-14 turkey eggs have pipped but none have hatched yet. The turkey eggs where due one day later then the chicken eggs. I pray they hatch well. Update!!! I just had one more chicken egg pip at 1:30 p.m. I pulled the other 4 chicks I didn't see any pips at that time. My humidity is around 69%.The temp is 88.7 to 100.0 depending on where you take the reading.The 88.7 is under the fan and the 100 is aroung the outer edge.The 4 chicks are eating and drinking.

Last edited:
Give it time. My first hatch of the year I had pips on late on day 20 then nothing until real late day 21. Day 22 was a whirlwind of hatching chicks. Due to temp you might see some pip late around 22 days

Give it time. My first hatch of the year I had pips on late on day 20 then nothing until real late day 21. Day 22 was a whirlwind of hatching chicks. Due to temp you might see some pip late around 22 days

I have a second one pip and one turkey hatched.The pips on the chicken eggs are so small! I hope they can make it out.I only got 3 hours sleep last night.Tonight doesn't look any better. I hope the chicks hatch by morning.I don't want to leave them to go to theropy.Worried they will die while i am gone.I stress to much! After my pheasant eggs go into lockdown on thursday.I am going to do one more hatch for the year and then lick my wounds and think about what I need to do next year to make my hatches better. So far my best hatches have been around 60% not good! If all the turkey eggs that have pipped hatch! That will be my best hatch.

Update! This is by far my best turkey hatch! I had 15 hatch so 75% total. I ended up with 6 ameracaunas two blue,two black,one lavender,one splash out of 14.I was about to give up hatching! Still not so sure I am cut out for this! I still have golden pheasants going into lockdown thursday evening. I am going to get some eggs this month.That will be my last batch for the year!

Update! This is by far my best turkey hatch! I had 15 hatch so 75% total. I ended up with 6 ameracaunas two blue,two black,one lavender,one splash out of 14.I was about to give up hatching! Still not so sure I am cut out for this! I still have golden pheasants going into lockdown thursday evening. I am going to get some eggs this month.That will be my last batch for the year!
Wowzer!!! I am so sorry I was missing all the excitement...but so happy to read that you have had good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom