Pros and Cons of These Incubators?

Other than the Nurture Right having almost twice the capacity...
After having chicks in batches of 6-12 before and then the huge batch of 26, I preferred raising smaller batches. But I *might* want to hatch out larger batches if I get more seriously into the Blue Australorps.
It is rare for every egg to hatch.
So the higher capacity might be better, even if you usually prefer to raise your chicks in smaller batches.

An extreme case: one time, I saw a cockerel mating, so I set some eggs to see how many would hatch. It turned out he was mating with just one hen, and not the other 6. Let's just say I had a lot of eggs to remove at the 1-week candling :D

(Yes, of course that's why people say to wait until a cockerel is older-- but I was curious and impatient.)

It is rare for every egg to hatch.
So the higher capacity might be better, even if you usually prefer to raise your chicks in smaller batches.

An extreme case: one time, I saw a cockerel mating, so I set some eggs to see how many would hatch. It turned out he was mating with just one hen, and not the other 6. Let's just say I had a lot of eggs to remove at the 1-week candling :D

(Yes, of course that's why people say to wait until a cockerel is older-- but I was curious and impatient.)

A good point.

I just checked fertility on the 13 eggs it takes to feed my family poached eggs and had 10 bullseyes. :D

Well, I didn't get an incubator for Christmas but I do have the money for one. So I've pretty well narrowed it down to these 2 options:

https://www.amazon.com/Harris-Farms-Nurture-Right-Incubator/dp/B0793HHZ1L/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3L2K15AZI0GBI&keywords=360+incubator&qid=1640634636&sprefix=360+incu,aps,267&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/KEBONNIXS-Incubator-Humidity-Automatic-Hatching/dp/B0838VM7C9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=KOB83QQV1XNA&keywords=kebonnixs+incubator&qid=1640634777&sprefix=kebonix+incubator,aps,95&sr=8-3

Other than the Nurture Right having almost twice the capacity, does anyone have anything particular to say about either of these incubators that I ought to know? Pros and cons for either or both?

After having chicks in batches of 6-12 before and then the huge batch of 26, I preferred raising smaller batches. But I *might* want to hatch out larger batches if I get more seriously into the Blue Australorps.
I just hatched my first silky chick today. I use the Nuture Right 360. I like it a lot. I actually have 2. I had trouble with the humidity at first but figured out that my incubator was not level. therefore not filling up the troth all the way. One I am using as a turner until day 18, then move the eggs over to the one i took the turner out of for hatching. Its working for me. I am planning on hatching alot. The heat is preprogrammed. It turns eggs well. Very pleased with it so far.

Attachments

• 20220105_102931.jpg
    20220105_102931.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220105_102043.jpg
    20220105_102043.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220105_141016.jpg
    20220105_141016.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 8
Any other opinions?
I am adding to my previous post. My NutureRight 360 is working very well. The humidity is staying right where I put it. It takes a little tweeking. I found that putting a shelf liner on it for chick stability causes the humidity to drop since it rises from tg he bottom. I tried cutting holes in it but that didnt help, so I dont use any grate covering. Other than that I love it.

Back
Top Bottom