Protruding breast bone? Hopping quail...??

How is she doing? Is she eating?
She seems to be doing well. Acting normal, but her keel is still protruding. I just recieved my layer feed so I'll introduce that to them all.

Is it normal that not all my hens are laying? I get 6-7 eggs a day from 9 hens, and at 13 weeks I thought they'd all be giving me one a day by now.

She seems to be doing well. Acting normal, but her keel is still protruding. I just recieved my layer feed so I'll introduce that to them all.

Is it normal that not all my hens are laying? I get 6-7 eggs a day from 9 hens, and at 13 weeks I thought they'd all be giving me one a day by now.
My hens aren't quite one egg/day either. I have 17 layers, but typically get 10 - 15 eggs each day. Some are still young (less than 8 weeks), so I'm not surprised, but even my fully mature birds don't lay daily.

That's normal. They lay most days, but will skip now and then. Also, some mature faster than others. As the days get shorter, if you don't supply extra light, they will gradually stop laying for the winter as well.

That's normal. They lay most days, but will skip now and then. Also, some mature faster than others. As the days get shorter, if you don't supply extra light, they will gradually stop laying for the winter as well.
Thank you for all of your help, I need to figure out their Fall plan so they don't stop laying. In central NY our sunlight will be less and less quickly

Thank you for all of your help, I need to figure out their Fall plan so they don't stop laying. In central NY our sunlight will be less and less quickly
My quail are in my garage which also houses an aquaponics system. I use these grow lights, on a timer, for the plants: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093BLNT14/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The light is white, not the purplish of some grow lights. It seems to help keep the birds laying more consistently.

Back
Top Bottom