Proud Cayuga owners!!!!

Went on vaya forgot to tell my cuz that my drake. And his Hen and copper marans hen all sit on the eggs in the box lol Called me thinking my drake was up to no good. Hopefully they all hatch
big_smile.png
I'd becareful doing that, I let my Muscovy girls share a nest and they over cooked their eggs. I don't know if that'll happen to yours but i wanted to warn you.

Hi I was wondering can you keep two male cayuga together because I have 7 cayuga ducklings and the one I want to keep is a boy but I am worried about them fighting we will also be keeping a few females as well at the moment I have 2 Mascovy ducks a cayuga duck and I cayuga drake please help I really want to keep him

I have more then one male, they fight now and then but once one becomes king of the rock out should calm down. Only thing I would warn is to separate breeds when it comes time for laying.

Got my first eggs today from my Cayugas- Xenia and Dita. So proud of them and can't believe they both laid their first eggs on the same day! I am surprised at how dark their eggs are considering they are hatchery stock (McMurray). My Gold Star ducks, Nora and Cleo, also laid today!

Nice :) I like the look of the dark eggs.

When did you get your cayugas? We got a couple from McMurray too, so I'd like to know when to expect our first eggs too :)

Back
Top Bottom