Proud Cayuga owners!!!!

Picked up a trio of Black Cayugas in Ohio about a month ago opinions please

Hello
wink.png

TOKEN--male--3 months old--very playful, runs around like crazy trying to fly
wee.gif
He likes to show off and flap his wings all the time. His best friend is Diesel, a pitbull; they love each other and do everything together!
big_smile.png

Hello
wink.png

TOKEN--male--3 months old--very playful, runs around like crazy trying to fly
wee.gif
He likes to show off and flap his wings all the time. His best friend is Diesel, a pitbull; they love each other and do everything together!
big_smile.png

They are to stinking cute. The dog looks like he is being bossed around by the duck.

I have 3, 7month old girls. I live for them. They are my release to the stressors of the world. Gloria has white spots around her back at the base of the neck. Petunia, currently is dealing with Bumble foot. I feel so bad but were working on it. I finally lanced it yesterday and got some gunk out of it. Rose is beautiful, all ducks have purple, royal blue and green hue to them. I've got a great pic that I have to figure out how to upload. Not too great on the computer.

They've all stopped laying and I feel lost without their surprises for me in the morning. This is our first winter. I'm considering raising meal worms. Sounds pretty easy. Does anyone know if they smell?

Glad to have another several Cayuga'ees around.

Denise

Last edited:
Oh dear... How many ducks are too many ducks? These are so beautiful! I never knew! :)
Ummm... "Too many?" What is that?

I have 23 right now, and have been trying to make sure there aren't any hidden nests so I can be sure to gather their eggs. The next-to-the-last hatch was 14 ducklings which more than doubled the size of my Cayuga flock. (I found another home for six of them.). The LAST duckling hatched doesn't know she's a duck, as she hatched in a chicken nest under a broody hen. (The hen stole the duck egg and added it to her clutch.). Her Hatch Mother didn't seem to mind she was raising a very odd "chick" until it tried to swim in a water dish.

:lol:

Quack is chicken-centric and doesn't hang with the Cayuga flock, nor has she tried to swim with them in the pond. She's happy making a big mess out of the water in a small dish tub of water

Saw this thread and couldn't resist showing off my pair! I have a total of three Cayuga's that we purchased earlier this spring. We had originally purchased a total of six and narrowed it down to only the best three. My ducks dont have names, they were purchased with the idea in mind we would probably wind up eating the majority of them, and keeping a few so we could maintain a breeding stock. I decided to take my best two down to the Common Ground Fairs poultry show last fall though, and came home with a handful of ribbons much to my surprise! My Cayuga drake took grand champion waterfowl, and the hen took home a reserve champ ribbon. Looks like i'll be hatching a lot more of their ducklings than I expected!

Last edited:
Saw this thread and couldn't resist showing off my pair! I have a total of three Cayuga's that we purchased earlier this spring. We had originally purchased a total of six and narrowed it down to only the best three. My ducks dont have names, they were purchased with the idea in mind we would probably wind up eating the majority of them, and keeping a few so we could maintain a breeding stock. I decided to take my best two down to the Common Ground Fairs poultry show last fall though, and came home with a handful of ribbons much to my surprise! My Cayuga drake took grand champion waterfowl, and the hen took home a reserve champ ribbon. Looks like i'll be hatching a lot more of their ducklings than I expected!

Beautiful ducks and Congrats on the ribbons and
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom