Pullets or Cockerels? Hopefully correct breeds at least!

That one is an Easter Egger.
Yeah, the PBE is a Hoover's Hatchery designer EE "breed". It's an EE that doesn't have beards and muffs, lays large blue eggs 5-7 days a week, and has a pea comb. There isn't as much variation in feather pattern as with standard EEs, and it's a leghorn mix, so the blue eggs may be slightly lighter than some EE eggs due to having the zinc white gene from the leghorn ancestry. There's about 5 standard colorations.

Yeah, the PBE is a Hoover's Hatchery designer EE "breed". It's an EE that doesn't have beards and muffs, lays large blue eggs 5-7 days a week, and has a pea comb. There isn't as much variation in feather pattern as with standard EEs, and it's a leghorn mix, so the blue eggs may be slightly lighter than some EE eggs due to having the zinc white gene from the leghorn ancestry. There's about 5 standard colorations.
Ah, I see.

She has feathers on her face. This is her!

Attachments

• 20230705_183847.jpg
    20230705_183847.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 8
Well that's more chickens I got from RK so I just went with what they told me. 😆 they said that 9-10 was the PBE and that 2,3 and 4 were supposed to be an ameraucana but someone previously told me that's actually just a type of Easter Egger.

And yes! I believed the head poof ones were Crested Cream Legbar but I was told they were actually Olive Eggers? So it's all new to me! Lol I'm happy either way, but it messes me up when I'm told they're one thing when they're actually another. That's why I post them here so I know what I actually have!!! Thank you for helping me!
They make olive eggers by breeding cream crested legbars to a brown egg layer, in this case maybe a wellsummer or brown leghorn I'm guessing. OEs are often CCL mixes, but not always.

The pheasant one I pointed out is the only one that fits the standard colorations and all body type characteristics of the PBEs. Egg color will also tell the story.

Americana is another name for EE. Although you will find folks who disagree with that. They lay a mix of colors in their eggs (one color per chicken) and often have beards and muffs and colored legs. Sometimes pea comb but not always.

Ameraucana is something completely different from Americana, although sometimes folks will try and sell one as the other, and a lot of people are confused about the difference. there is an Ameraucana breeder's club for more info. Ameraucana are actually a breed, where Americana isn't (they don't have repeatable egg colors and/or feather patterns when bred to each other).

http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/

They make olive eggers by breeding cream crested legbars to a brown egg layer, in this case maybe a wellsummer or brown leghorn I'm guessing. OEs are often CCL mixes, but not always.

The pheasant one I pointed out is the only one that fits the standard colorations and all body type characteristics of the PBEs. Egg color will also tell the story.

Americana is another name for EE. Although you will find folks who disagree with that. They lay a mix of colors in their eggs (one color per chicken) and often have beards and muffs and colored legs. Sometimes pea comb but not always.

Ameraucana is something completely different from Americana, although sometimes folks will try and sell one as the other, and a lot of people are confused about the difference. there is an Ameraucana breeder's club for more info. Ameraucana are actually a breed, where Americana isn't (they don't have repeatable egg colors and/or feather patterns when bred to each other).

http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/
I really appreciate all the help and information! I'll check that site out so I know the difference. Either way, they're all beautiful chickens! I just wanted to make sure of what I actually have. So I know what eggs I'll be getting and obviously just so I know what I have all together.

Unless Hoover's has changed their parent mix for the PBEs since last year, that is an Americana aka EE, not a PBE. Note the beard and muffs on her neck and below her wattles. She is darling! She may or may not lay you blue eggs, have to wait and see.
She has the cutest face. Lol I love her little bearded!

1689020070680.png

This is your possible PBE, but now that I'm looking at her further, I think I see very small beard and muffs. So she's probably an Americana/EE. Still should give some gorgeous eggs!

Back
Top Bottom