PUMPKIN CARVING Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally, & BantyChooks

Entry #1

Spent three hours on this baby.

Entry #2

And I spent 4 hours on her.

I'm all pumpkined out.

Here they are.

Incredibly amazing pumpkins...that's all I can say! Pumpkin carving has turned into an art form! How did I miss the transformation? Even a couple of years ago it wasn't as advanced as it is now. I was checking out some wild pumpkins today on you tube.

IF I had got pumpkins sooner I was going to try this one. I don't know if I'd have been able to manage something like that but trying would have been fun...lol.

I don't think I could do the details you guys did.

Incredibly amazing pumpkins...that's all I can say! Pumpkin carving has turned into an art form! How did I miss the transformation? Even a couple of years ago it wasn't as advanced as it is now. I was checking out some wild pumpkins today on you tube. IF I had got pumpkins sooner I was going to try this one. I don't know if I'd have been able to manage something like that but trying would have been fun...lol. I don't think I could do the details you guys did.
Wow, that is a impressive pumpkin! I sure as heck couldn't have pulled that one off!

But it's not as intricate a carving as your tiger. It seems more open...less pumpkin to damage. I took a drywall knife to the one pumpkin I did get done...lol. I wasn't prepared for how thick the walls were. I don't know if it was a true pumpkin or else it was a different type than I'm used to. When I opened it the first thought I had was "watermelon!" It didn't smell like a pumpkin. It has pumpkin looking seeds.

Were the walls on yours 3-4 inches thick?

But it's not as intricate a carving as your tiger. It seems more open...less pumpkin to damage. I took a drywall knife to the one pumpkin I did get done...lol.  I wasn't prepared for how thick the walls were. I don't know if it was a true pumpkin or else it was a different type than I'm used to. When I opened it the first thought I had was "watermelon!" It didn't smell like a pumpkin. It has pumpkin looking seeds.

Were the walls on yours 3-4 inches thick?

No, the walls on mine were probably about 2 inches thick, which was still thicker than I wished! My tiger probably was more intricate, and I could probably carve that, its just a lot of surface carving and I do terribly at it....

2 inches sounds A LOT better...lol. The only upside is the chickens have more to eat with the thicker walls.
I'm definitely going to grow my own pumpkins next year so I know what I've got.
I haven't tried surface carving. That'll be a new one for me.

Back
Top Bottom