Purely Poultry???

Oakville Shooter

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 13, 2010
Appomattox, VA
Just curious if anyone has dealt with them. I ordered 15 RIR on 2/1. They arrived on 2/4. All were alive and in what looked to be good shape. I am knew to this, so I may have been wrong. But I am pleased with what I received.

I did not realize it until a few days after I got the chicks that they actually came from Ideal. The website was Purely Poultry. The emails and confirmations came from Purely Poultry. My credit card was billed by Purely Poultry. But the invoice that came with the chicks clearly says Ideal Poultry.

So is Purely Poultry a hatchery or just a middle man? Anybody else had this experience with PP, or any other hatchery?

Overall, I guess that it doesn't really matter. I got what I ordered and was/am pleased with what I got. I am just curious at this point.

I ordered on Feb 4 and still my order is processing. I most likely will not be dealing with them ever again, especially if the chicks I ordered turn out to be from another hatchery. I am not into deception.

I'm sure he will chime in on this shortly..... to defend his business.

However, I agree there is a sense of deception when finding out where the chicks actually came from. It is a business though... and a lot of items you purchase daily are drop shipped from bigger companies. I always try to find the dealer or source for just about anything I buy.... chances are it will be cheaper, including chicks.

Bottom line you have your chickens and they are healthy..... now you know.

If you did a little research on his website.... there is no deception... he is very upfront that they do not hatch chicks. Basically a wholesaler.

I did find a statement on the site stating that they are a sales offices only. They have several breeders in different locations. I assumed from the statements and should have emailed for clarification, that they were working with small scale breeders, not a large hatchery. So it is my fault for assuming. Now that I know I may have to talk with the husband about ordering from them again.

Many other hatcheries drop ship chicks from other hatcheries when they are out of some breeds. Welp do it with Privett, My Pet Chicken do it from Meyer and Gabbard, even Ideal do it with Privett. Several hatcheries don't have their own flock. They buy eggs from several breeders they have chosen to work with. If you read carefuly many hatcheries website they state they get the eggs from others breeders. Tour Cackle hatchery you'll find out this also.

I do not think so Purely Poultry is deceiving anyone saying they have their own flock. If you read many other threads of Purely Poultry here,he has mentioned of the agreement he has with many other hatcheries and breeders to get what people order through him. However, a very good customer service makes the difference on which place you want to order. So far I've read he has good coments.

Just echoing what several other people have said, several places that advertise a lot online are drop shippers. *Most* of the hatcheries that sell ducks drop ship. I don't really see the point of ordering through someone that does that, but I also don't see anything necessarily wrong with it. A lot of the hatcheries also buy eggs from those that maintain breeding flocks (and private breeders) to hatch out with their birds (f they have birds).

We try to service our customers the best that we can. The reason why we drop ship from other breeders is that I cannot yet afford to buy a farm. I think that I can help those who want poultry to be able to find it easier and more efficiently.

I do not seek to deceive, merely to help those who are looking for birds.

I try not to be over priced. We tried to simplify our pricing by having roos be $0.50 less and females being .50 more than st run. I know that makes some things higher and some lower but I think it is so much easier for everyone.

Kelsykin ~ About the order being in Processing, I had emailed you about that on February 5th. Apparently you did not recieve the email. I want to work with small breeders too in the future. I am actually working on a project that any poultry breeder can work with me. I am all about helping people be successful with their poultry projects, including helping them sell their own.

I actually also have small breeders already on several breeds.

Brunty ~ Actually most of our breeders do give us wholesale discounts so that we can charge the same as they do. We try to not charge more than our breeders for the birds.

We do not say that we have our own flock.

The point of ordering through me is that my website is easy to use, I am easy to find. My prices are cost competitive. I have alot of breeds that are hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom