Purely Poultry???

i would like to applaud purely poultry and mc murray hatchery as they are the only hatchery that tells pepole that leghorn roosters make good friers wich i think it is important that hatcheirs should do thay them leghorn cockerals least have the right to live 4-5 months to make a frien bird rather than be mulched up in a grinder!

Quote:
I took the word breeder to mean small scale breeders. Not that it was possibly coming from Ideal or McMurray. I am mad at myself for making an assumption. I usually don't assume anything. It was my fault for making an assumption. That was all my fault and not anything to do with you.

No, I never got the email. I got the order confirmation, but outside of the emails I got about stuff being in the cart that I never ordered and figured it had to be my children. I have not received anything from you.

I have forwarded the two emails I sent February 4 and February 5. I hope you recieve them this time.

We do not ship from Mcmurray. They actually drop ship most of their stuff from the same places we get ours from.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Purely Poultry <[email protected]> wrote:
> Kellyann,
> Your ducklings and goslings will ship April 5 and arrive 6th or 7.
> Your chickens will ship March 29 and arrive 30 or 31.
> --God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock
> according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground
> according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25
>
> Tyler Danke
> Phone: 920-472-4068 http://www.purelypoultry.com/
>
>
&gt
; On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Purely Poultry <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Kellyann,
>> Your goslings will ship April 5 and arrive 6th or 7.
>> --God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock
>> according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground
>> according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25
>>
>> Tyler Danke
>> Phone: 920-472-4068 http://www.purelypoultry.com/

I sent the following message to Tyler this morning. He asked me if I would be willing to post it in the thread, so here goes:

Tyler,

It looks like I may have opened a small can of worms with the thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=297950&p=1

That really wasn't my intent. I was just curious if this was normal practice. I am not upset about what happened at all. And as some of the posts mentioned, had I done a bit more reading on your site, I would have seen it for myself. I do not feel deceived or slighted at all.

I can already tell that this is an addictive prospect. I know that the chicks that I ordered will not be the last. So when I realized that the chicks actually came from Ideal, I went to their site and looked around. I may be able to save a little bit by ordering straight from them instead of going through you. It just depends on what I order. I do like that with them, you can mix and match in any quantity of chicks as long as you meet a $25.00 order minimum instead of having to order in lots of 5. But that is OK.

So I had sorta decided that for my next order that I would go straight to Ideal. But then I received your 2010 catalog and read this on the inside cover:

About Purely Poultry

I am Tyler Danke, the owner of Purely Poultry. I am passionate about helping people with all their poultry needs. We are a family owned business.

Purely Poultry has great prices on 200+ breeds of: chickens, bantams, ducks, geese, turkeys, guineas, peafowl, pheasants, ornaments, chukars, and quail. We guarantee 100% live arrival and customer satisfaction.

I have had 20 years of poultry raising experience. My start in poultry came from my parents having 25 laying hens. When my older brother started 4-H we started getting different kinds. When I was in high school we started Danke Bros Poultry, a small rare breed poultry hatchery. The Danke Bros Poultry chapter in our lives has ended and I am now onto Purely Poultry.

I am studying Finance at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. I would like to eventually receive a MBA. My goal in studying business is to improve the way I run my business.

I am greatly supported and encouraged by my wife, Ruth. We met at the Rising Son Campus Ministry at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. We were married in July of 2007.

My main purpose is to lead others to Christ. Jesus Christ, both God and man, died on the cross and rose again. He died to save us from our sins. Those who believe this will spend eternal life in Heaven: those who do not believe will be condemned. If you have more questions about this, email me at [email protected].

I started Purely Poultry because I know that I can serve my customers well. I combine a great offering of breeds at great prices. I see the opportunity to help people with their passions. I look forward to serving you in any way that I can!

Thanks for choosing Purely Poultry,

(his signature)

John 3:16-21

16"For God so loved the world that hE GAVE His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the the world through Him. 18Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

As a Christian, it means a lot to me that you are willing to profess your faith like that to all of your customers. For this reason alone, I will continue to order through you and support your business when I am in need of birds.

I am a moderator on a Christian forum. www.christianzoneforum.com If you get a chance, check it out sometime. I even started a thread over there telling them about the catalog cover. http://www.christianzoneforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6162

So
thank you for replying in the thread. Thank you for taking a stand for Christ and professing your faith for all to see. Especially in the world we live in today.

Again, sorry if I stirred up too much mess with the thread.

In Christ,
Bob​

I got two copies of the emails today so they may have been "stuck" in cyber space. I also got two completely blank emails.

As for your faith. It does not matter to me one way or another. That you feel strongly is a good thing in my mind. I have my own beliefs.

Oh and my husband is trying to figure how he is going to get everything done in time (he thought we would be getting the chickens in a few more weeks and then have time before the ducks and geese get here.) He is in panic mode. I am enjoying him in panic mode. This weekend he is going to start the Chicken coop. Once that is done ( a week or so) he is going to finish the fence for their pasture. Then he has to get the duck & goose coop built. He is running around like a chicken with his head chopped off. That alone is enough to make me want to order the turkeys in June from you.
lol.png

Quote:
Sounds familiar. When I ordered my chicks, I had not gotten an OK from my wife yet., I didn't have a coop or a brooder yet either. I thought that I had 2-4 weeks to break it to her and get prepared. Nope. I received an email about two hours after placing the order that the order would ship the next day and that I would have 15 chicks in 2-3 days. Oops!!!!!!!!!

So I had the pleasure of calling my wife at lunch to let her know. She was not happy at first. But then she started warming up to the idea. Of course I too was in panic mode. I was reading everything that I could find on what I needed to have to take care of them.

We have had more snow this winter than in the last 10 combined. I really need a break in the weather to get the coop built. It is amazing just how fast chicks grow. But it has been fun.

I put the 2-4 weeks on there because most people think that chickens is like going grocery shopping. They think that they can go on the internet and buy things off the shelf and they they will arrive at their doorstep the next morning. And it also is there to stop the people that think they can find some rare breed of bird to be shipped next week. Also it warns people that we will schedule the order after we recieve it. We do not schedule requests for ship dates. Our breeders schedule birds in advance. The goal is that

How would you suggest I word it so that all of this is clearly understood?

Quote:
As soon as I got the email, I realized what happened. The 2-4 weeks was a "no later than."

Maybe "All orders will ship no later than 2-4 weeks from order date but may ship as soon as the next day" or something to that effect.

Or maybe "Orders may ship as soon as the next day but could take longer. We strive to fill and ship all orders no later than 2-4 weeks from the order date."

It really hasn't caused any trouble on my end, and has actually been the cause of a bunch of laughs and jokes.

Call it a learning curve. It was my first order and I learned something. I will be much better prepared in the future.

This is going to be a fun hobby. Addictive too!

Back
Top Bottom