Purely Poultry???

Wow, he does have his work cut out for him. But it sounds like at least some of it is his own doing.

Would it be possible to just build 1 larger coop to accommodate all of the chickens, then put chicken wire divider walls in the coop to keep them separated? That is sorta what I have in mind, except that I plan on one area for the chickens and then one area for storage/brooder/rabbit cages.

I suggested that we do a 20 x 20 and divide it for the chickens and got "the look". Not going to make any more suggestions until he is in a better frame of mind or at least a bit less panicked.

I also suggested that we do a 12 x 12 so that all the ducks and geese could be together and once again got "the look". I know to walk away when he has that look.

Give it a week and all of a sudden my suggestions will be "new" ideas he has for the coops.

To the owner of purely poultry-
Having looked at your website in the past it seemed as though you were selling your birds as being of better quality than the hatchery stock- claiming some came from exhibition breeders. It would be nice if you had a page that clearly listed the breeds which you get from private breeders versus large hatcheries like Ideal. Full disclosure and all.

My 2.5 cents.

I have not tried to make any indication that my birds are better than hatchery quality birds over all.

We do have a few breeds that are of higher quality. In the future there will be a separate page listing the higher quality birds sourced from private breeders.

I have alot I am working on right now and can't do it today, but it has been added to the list of things I need to do for the site.

Thanks for the Suggestion ULTASOL!
smile.png

tyler i was wondering if you could tell me anythang about your White Rock roosters. i am looking for white rocks that get to the True standard weight of 8-9 lb large rooster? and also say if i wanted to order 15 roos what is the smallest amount of hens i could get of a diffrent breed like do i have to have a total of 5 of each breed hen? my last question can i order turkey poults with my chicks do i have to have the full 15 turkeys or can u put 3 poults with my chicks? also if i want 2 duck hens can i jus get 2 an put them in with my chiccks? if i can do that what duck is the most prone to go broody and hatch eggs?

Last edited:
Our White Rock roosters would not get up to the true standard weight. You would have to get 5 of each breed or sex. If you ordered 15 roosters you could get 5 hens. We can do heritage and broad breasted turkeys with the chickens. We can do 3 poults with the chickens. The chicken breeder can do ducks but it would have to be pekin, khaki campbell, or Rouens. I would reccomend the Rouens.

well what would u say is your largest Dual propuse rooster or the best for meat. i dont want cornish rocks!
The rouens would be the best for setting on eggs then?

Back
Top Bottom