Purina Start & Grow

Toss it in the blender...and give them some chick grit.

I'm a total newbie chicken owner - I'm feeding this feed to my chicks - I would never know if there's corn or something that doesn't belong in this feed. It's yellow and crumbly - it's labeled starter feed for chicks. How on Earth would I know if they'd need grit to digest this stuff. The whole point of starter feed is that they wouldn't. This seems crazy. And well unacceptable at a minimum.

I'm a total newbie chicken owner - I'm feeding this feed to my chicks - I would never know if there's corn or something that doesn't belong in this feed. It's yellow and crumbly - it's labeled starter feed for chicks. How on Earth would I know if they'd need grit to digest this stuff. The whole point of starter feed is that they wouldn't. This seems crazy. And well unacceptable at a minimum.
If it's made for baby chicks, then don't worry. It is ground up specifically for them. (Maybe it's cooked too, idk......what holds feed in crumble or pellet form anyway? But a lot of research went into developing all these feeds to be optimum for their purpose.) I don't think corn is evil. I eat it myself. I had tacos for lunch.

Back
Top Bottom