QUestion on candeling this egg..

smom1976

too many projects too little time!
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Ok I candled these two eggs.. there were 3 and one died.. it was a nasty green mess..

Well I went out and candled again tonight just to see.. and the two had filled the egg where there was no light visable at all.. then tonight when I candled.. one egg was full compleatly no light visable just like before and the other had quite a bit of air that was letting light in not like before.. has this chick died and become a liquid mess like the other one? or is this something else.. hatch date should be between thursday and saturday..

oh and its under a broody...

The chick should take up most of the egg and can make it impossible to candle the last few days of the incubation. I have had some eggs you could easily see the chick on the day it hatched and some you couldn't see at all until it hatched. Just give it time and if it isn't here by next monday/tuesday it may have passed.

The chick may have moved into a different position and in doing so made it appear to either made more room or to take up more room. The last few days they are usually moving into position so they may hatch. I have even seen eggs roll over during the attempt. I would still give it more time.

Back
Top Bottom