Questions about Muscovy ducks !

I was just wondering cuz my mallards and 2 Pekins act like pigs most of the time. This brings up another question about my feed. I've been buying the Dumor starter/grower from TSC and besides the fact that this big bag has mildewed, I have noticed an inconsistency in the food when I thought I was buying the same thing. So what do you feed??

I was just wondering cuz my mallards and 2 Pekins act like pigs most of the time. This brings up another question about my feed. I've been buying the Dumor starter/grower from TSC and besides the fact that this big bag has mildewed, I have noticed an inconsistency in the food when I thought I was buying the same thing. So what do you feed??

I cannot really comment on that brand as i am outside the US and my feeds are all a special formula custom to the feed mill i purchase from. I have used a commercial duck starter though and that is by either Shur gain or masterfeeds but those are not available outside my country i believe.

Purina makes decent poultry feed, i have used that too... while my formula vary somewhat overall they are an option if available to you. Our TSC's carry a completely different line of feed here made by Masterfeeds. I think the Dumor is made by purina?

inconsistency, in which ways?

Last edited:
I bought a bag of 20% starter grower and it was more crumbled and had more birdseed ii looked like but this last bag was just pellets. And not really what I wanted since my chickens are still too young for the pellets. I thought I had bought the wrong thing till I compared the bags.

I bought a bag of 20% starter grower and it was more crumbled and had more birdseed ii looked like but this last bag was just pellets. And not really what I wanted since my chickens are still too young for the pellets. I thought I had bought the wrong thing till I compared the bags.

Just put some water in it before you feed it to them. :)

I went to the feed store earlier to buy horse feed and I got a bag of show feed on sale. I guess we will see how that works.
I do love watching my babies hunt flies and the little buzzing noise they make. Will they get better at fly catching as they get older and how often or much are y'all feeding?

I've been trying to get my baby Muscovies to like me, it's difficult though. I've been turning my older ducks out in the yard during the day and putting my babies in their coop and run, then putting everyone up at night. But this requires catching each baby by hand morning and evening and they don't like it
1f615.png
what are their fav treats? Can they eat peas at 3-4 weeks old?

They should get much better at fly catching. I feed 16 ducks 1 gallon of feed a day. Favorite trees you will have to try something's to see which they like most. At 3-4 weeks they could eat peas if they were soft. I wouldn't try feeding them hard peas just yet.

Back
Top Bottom