Questions about Muscovy ducks !

Question about free ranging the ducks and providing extra feed. So far I have been feeding them in the morning and they free range all day, then feed them again in the evening before locking them up. Since they are eating all day can I just feed them in the evening before locking them up?

Question about free ranging the ducks and providing extra feed. So far I have been feeding them in the morning and they free range all day, then feed them again in the evening before locking them up. Since they are eating all day can I just feed them in the evening before locking them up?

It will depend on age, if still young and in their growing stage then I'd offer feed morn and eve, if say 12 weeks and older try it and if you notice them up around where you usually feed then they may be hungry also keep close tabs on how they look being they don't start looking lean and feathers not looking so good.

It will depend on age, if still young and in their growing stage then I'd offer feed morn and eve, if say 12 weeks and older try it and if you notice them up around where you usually feed then they may be hungry also keep close tabs on how they look being they don't start looking lean and feathers not looking so good.

Thanks Miss Lydia.

I have 1 drake 2 females and 4 baby's in the same pen. They were fine and getting along until the last two baby's hatched now the mother is chasing the drake and pulling his feathets out and her baby's Are a month old why is she doing this and any ideas how to stop her. Thank you ahead for any ideas and help

I keep feed out all day... well try too their are a lot of ducks anyways, they all free range but with the age variances and pecking orders not everyone can eat at the same time so i prefer this way.

I have 1 drake 2 females and 4 baby's in the same pen. They were fine and getting along until the last two baby's hatched now the mother is chasing the drake and pulling his feathets out and her baby's Are a month old why is she doing this and any ideas how to stop her. Thank you ahead for any ideas and help

Could be any number of things, he maybe trying to mate her and also a Muscovy mama is one mad bear... they are extremely protective of their young. can you separate them? i usually leave mamas in for a few days with the young then let them loose with the flock.

welcome-byc.gif

Yes I have the drake outside the pen of the females the youngest baby's are alittle over a month old

The females got out tonight and were within 5 feet of the drake and did not chase or bite him

I own 2 adult Muscovy females and 13 3-4week old Muscovy ducklings; half of the ducklings are from my one female but I had seperated them when I bought them 3 weeks ago at auction. I recently tried putting the ducklings back in now that they're older and can't escape the enclosure but the mother is being aggressive by pulling out the fluff on their backs what can I do to change her aggressivness? Can it be changed or should I get rid of her

I'm thinking of getting muscovy ducks this weekend, what should I look for in getting a mated pair/trio?

I was wanting them for egg/meat production for myself and my family/friends. I have chickens and rabbits, as well as 2 greyhounds. I was planning on keeping them in my big enclosed run with my 24 8-9 week old dp meatie chickens which will all be going to freezer camp within the next 4-8 weeks, 3 might be going this weekend because of starting to crow.

I like they are broody, will they hatch chicken eggs? How should I set up their coop? Atm I have this

it's an old dog house that has a drawbridge door/ramp with chicken wire wrapped over it. Is this good to house a trio of muscovy ducks?

The guy I got 2 of my chickens from has chocolate muscovy ducks. Which colors grow biggest and dress out best? I think I can get some 12 week old ones. Someone else I know has magpied 13 week old muscovies too. I'm torn on which ones to get
these are the chocolate ones my chicken guy has.

Back
Top Bottom