Quietest Parrots?

Quote:
Not to be disagreeable, but my two pionus would make you reconsider! One of them is easily louder than a conure when she gets going.

All parrots are individuals! There is no 'quiet' parrot species, only (rarely) quiet individuals.

Not all conures are created equal!!! Green-Cheeked Conures (and all from the Pyrrhura genus) are remarkably quiet! I even recall reading a National Geographic article about them once that referred to them as phantoms of the canopy. The Aratinga genus are the ear-piercingly loud ones. I absolutely adore my little Green-Cheek, Murphy. She's 13 years old now (I've had her since she was 5 weeks old) and not very noisy at all. When she DOES make a racket, it's either because something really scared her (my 5 year old carrying a balloon into the room, for instance) or because she's feeling neglected (just hanging out with her for a couple of minutes quells that one). Even her "racket" isn't obnoxious which is something I can't say about my Senegal (considered another "quiet" parrot). Conures have so much personality too. Murphy is happiest when she's perching on the INSIDE of my collar with her back pressed up against my neck under my chin. As far as price, they aren't CHEAP, per se (She cost me about $300 13 years ago), but they aren't thousands of dollars either. And they live a long time but not so long that you'd likely have to will it to someone... 25-30 years.

Have you looked into a parrot rescue? You could get a really nice parrot for very little money.
smile.png

I've known Quakers who are quiet-ish - mostly make low 'grumbling' type noises. Cute too! But tend to not poo down onto papers (don't wish cage to get dirty) and instead poo sideways - outside of cage? Not so cute.
Our Parrotlet chirps a lot, but is quiet enough that it's not a disturbing noise. Can be irritating if she's incessent on being with you. If she doesn't hear you in the house, she stops (eventually) and simply waits. But if she hears you and you don't come get her.....well, she's more than happy to let you know her displeasure - vocally.
Hope this helps, a bit.

A Pionus is a very nice parrot not to small, poops in cage, only gets loud when scared. Has a soft bill not sharp like some parrots. This will sound odd but they have a wonderful smell. People who own them will tell you about pionus smell. It's the only bird I know that has this. DO NOT GET A CONURE OR A COCKATOO!!
they are beautiful and sweet but loud can not describe the sound. My neighbor lives 4 houses down from me and when the windows are open you can hear their cockatoo as if it were on my porch.
ep.gif
I did foster work for a parrot rescue and most of the birds were too's and conures.
Good luck finding you bird please do lots of research. Is this your first parrot?

Well we had a young Parakeet for a bout two years, if we get animals they stay until they die. She died of unknown causes. Her name was Weezer. Thanks for all the info.

Life is Good! :

I've known Quakers who are quiet-ish - mostly make low 'grumbling' type noises. Cute too! But tend to not poo down onto papers (don't wish cage to get dirty) and instead poo sideways - outside of cage? Not so cute.
Our Parrotlet chirps a lot, but is quiet enough that it's not a disturbing noise. Can be irritating if she's incessent on being with you. If she doesn't hear you in the house, she stops (eventually) and simply waits. But if she hears you and you don't come get her.....well, she's more than happy to let you know her displeasure - vocally.
Hope this helps, a bit.

NOOOooo................... sooo wrong quakers a way louder than conures, i have two,,,, they are loud​

Back
Top Bottom