Rabbit skin condition / fur mites Please advise!!

Just wanted to update, in case anyone is interested.
Bun is looking GREAT! It wasn't long before his skin took on a velvety softness and his fur started to grow back in. He's eating like there's no tomorrow, and just looks 100% happier and healthier.
He does seem to have suffered some kind of damage (nerve damage maybe? I don't know) to his back legs as he seems to have some difficulty walking, and he can't seem to stand himself up on his back feet for treats like he used to, even though it's clear he WANTS to.
I am super happy for him though. I really didn't think he was gonna make it for a while there.

Hello,
I had to post this. How is your bunny now? I hope he is better. Mites as well as fleas can cause paralysis and neuro problems because they interrupt the central nervous system. If they are left untreated for a long time will eventually cause paralysis and death. Mange mites are particularly harmful. Fleas are another possibility. Just an fyi.

I use ivermectin too but you have to be very careful w. oral administration to rabbits. I usually rub the ivermectin on the affected area and is enough and I have treated pretty bad mite cases... I wanted to reiterate your last post. I have a beautiful rabbit (my biggest) that had a very bad mite case that subdued to ivermectin, but she's just not the same. She has even become agressive and not herself :/

I am glad yours is doing much better.

Back
Top Bottom