Rabbit's DON'T belong in cages!!!

Here he is

I put a ramp and play area on the bunny hutch. I was going to try them in an area that is about a 6' circle. I have to say that they love their hutch for food and safety, but they really love the dirt and area outside of the hutch. So, I'm ready to expand their free area. I noticed that they are out at night when the chickens have gone to bed, so what do you do for bunnies to go in the hutch at night?

Well, you are the best judge of whether this tort is a lilac or a blue. You have two issues that make it harder for us to tell - for one thing, this rabbit is a junior, and the color on a junior is usually less intense than on a senior. Also, cameras and computer monitors frequently don't reproduce colors exactly; things can look quite different IRL.

The thing to remember is that lilac isn't just a lighter shade of gray than blue is. Blue is dilute of black; lilac is the dilute of chocolate, so it has a pinkish-brownish tone to it. Even the eyes of a lilac are a different shade; they are more nearly lavender than blue-gray.

So, can rabbits eat grass off of pasture? I've decided to put my future rabbits in movable tractors rather than hutches. I'll be flooring he runs, of course, but with 1-inch wire or something like that, where they can forage. Is run-of-the-mill wild grass good for them? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom