*RABBITS ** Is she building a nest?I thought it was a false pregnancy?

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
A month or so ago I had an accidental breeding between my mutt doe and mutt buck.

She pulled out hair around day 15 and made herslef a little nest. I felt around and felt no marbles where there are supposed to be. So we cleaned it up.

Now is day who knows what and we had given up on babies.

Well we let her out to run around the room and this is what we find with in the hour :
99ovat.jpg

2ibhqva.jpg

eaksvr.jpg

1222oh5.jpg

What is going on? Do we need to look for babies? She has charged and ran over me multiple times today and is acting very territorial.

I dont think she has had them yet - if she is going to have any. we have checked the hair, the cage, and other than that there is nothing on the floor , her closet is blocked off too.

Im just wondering what these signs are - She was bred ONCE on March 23rd. I mean thats more than the 36 days!

I would put a nesting box for her just in case. If she is pulling that much fur it looks like she is trying to make a nest. This happened to one of my does once. The babies were born dead but she had them 2 and a half months after there breeding!!!

I should have read this post first. That is why her mane looked so goofy. She has been pulling it out! She could be trying to nest build. Put her back in her cage and keep her in a quiet area. She's pulling her mane out for some reason. Time will tell if it's a false pregnancy or not.

lau.gif
gig.gif

Her mane always looks like that !
lau.gif
it is a goofy hair doe for sure but thats what it always looks like
smile.png
the fur is missing from her belly, as if she was getting ready to have babies. I hope she doesnt have any and this is a false pregnancy

Her mane always looks like that !

lol.png
It looks like she pulled the mane part off of her cheeks! I bred lionheads for a couple of years and never saw a mane grow in like hers! Mine used to pull some of their manes off for nest building and that's what I thought she did.
roll.png

I always thought she just had a funky mane . I went in to check on her this morning and I think yoiu might be right, he mane does look a little ragged on the side.

Back
Top Bottom