Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters

PoultryPower

Songster
7 Years
Mar 16, 2012
This thread is for anything and everything rabbits!
You can share pics, ask questions, anything rabbits goes.
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

These are my current fluffies...

...and some not so fluffy...

...others mainly cuddly...

...and some just plain hungry...

Lol, I was debating whether to raise rabbits for pets or meat.
There's not much of a market, where I live, for meat rabbits, so I went with pet.

[COLOR=800080]This thread is for anything and everything rabbits![/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]You can share pics, ask questions, anything rabbits goes.[/COLOR] :bun :bun :bun

[COLOR=800080]These are my current fluffies...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080][/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]...and some not so fluffy...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080][/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]...others mainly cuddly...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080][/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]...and some just plain hungry...[/COLOR]

Aaaaaaaah so cute fluffies!! I love ny bunnies. I have two flemish giants and my fave is.my white albino bunny chops. Adore him he currently weighs 7 kilos and is an absolute beast!

Poultry power, hey, if you ever want to add another breed to your totally cute collection...English lops are just about the cuddliest bunnies out there. :D

I have no idea the professional, correct way to do it.
I just let them meet when I'm right there watching them and separate them if they start fighting.
The worst that has ever happened to my rabbits during a fight is one lost a patch of fur.
If you leave them together for a long time, unsupervised, and they fight, they could really hurt each other though.
This is just my opinion, I'm sure other people have had freak accidents and their rabbits have gotten really hurt, but I never really worry about introducing new rabbits.
Rabbits are very social animals and your rabbits are both young.
What gender are they? If they are two males you may run into trouble when they are older.

Nice setup. When you get a new rabbit do they squabble a bit? Are they all the same sex or are they fixed?
Thank you very much. Yes the are the same sex, both male (I know scary right!) I kept the new rabbit in a dog crate inside the pen for the introduction part. I kept him in there for about three days. I read online that if they were laying together on either side of the wire of the crate it means they are relaxed together. I am hopefully planning on getting them fixed someday. Anyways so I let him out of the cage and they first thing that the rabbit I already had did was hop over there and they started acting like really happy and excited. They groomed each other, then the rabbit I already had taught the new rabbit to climb the ramp. Lets just say he didn't feel like teaching him how to get down lol. They did kind of squabble a tiny bit but for the most part it was the whole dominance thing. The black one will most likely be the most dominant one because he is older by like three months and two it was his pen(territory) first.

Back
Top Bottom