Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
Yes
Oh ok, do you breed them?
yes, I breed and show Flemish Giants.

Should you re-breed bunnies 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, or 42 days after they've kindled? Or just breed spring and fall? I read on the ARBA website that spring/fall only breeding resulted in fertility loss. What do y'all do for re-breeding? (sorry for all the q's. I'm trying to breed mini rexes)

Each breed has its own problems. The small breeds tend to gain fat faster and are better to "keep in the running" for having litters. I do not re breed until the doe is back in good condition and that varies per doe. My large Flemish have a couple litters a year and then the next year conceive again with no problems after a long winter rest. I have re bred at 6 weeks, weaned the litter at 8 weeks and so she littered again two weeks later. Also some of my does get a couple months off in order to gain flesh condition.

I am just getting back into rabbits after several years away. I decided on french lops this time but I used to keep polish and mini rex. I remember minis had a few particular needs (mostly diet), do the xl breeds have any special needs?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom