Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
My daughter s rabbits are turning brown
is it normal. We care new to rabbits . She has two bucks one mini lop and one silver fox

What can we do ? Thank you in advance
This is partly just the fading of a coat due to sunlight, and partly staining of the coat from the urine that bucks spray everywhere. If this is a pet, I wouldn't worry about it. The thing I notice most is the blotchy, uneven way this coat is colored - that indicates that some of it was shed out at some time, but not all of it, and this apparently has happened more than once. Partial molting is a real nuisance in a show animal (uneven coat color is a fault), so it is something that a lot of breeders try to eliminate. This buck's black head makes it look like he may be starting another molt (molting usually starts at the head and works back over the animal toward the tail and down the sides), so maybe this time he will do the whole coat, and his color will even up.
idunno.gif

Thank you so much for the help. We will make some changes to our hutch area to get him out of the sun. Hopefully he will shed before fair at the beginning of August. Is there anything we can do besides getting him out the sun

I am new to raising rabbits. I bought 2 rabbits at the feed store around Easter. Anyways I had 2 rabbits don't know the breed but the door to the cage was left open and they got out. Well mine, Lucky came back to her cage. Well Hotshot was brought to my back door by my dog....well half of it at least. Anyways to get to the point... I am planning on getting another one and and making a hutch instead of a dog crate. Any ideas? thanks. oh and I am going to make an outdoor area out of a BIG dog pen and building a hutch inside of that.

Sorry to hear bout ur bunny.
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Cant wait to see the hutches, be sure to post pics about it ... been wanting to make an outdoor hutch for a while cant wait to hear some ideas.

I use to have 2 french angoras and i had a 10×10 dog pen that i kept them in and at night i would put them In their smaller cages inside the dog pen. Well i get up at 6 and would let them out. Heard some noises and there was a huge dog ontop of my little honeybun. Took her to the vet and she had a collapsed lung. Couldnt save her. The dog had torn the dog pen apart ( which was secured entirely). So i would be cautious about dog pens.

Here are some pics of my old Flemish Giants (RIP) for your enjoyment:

Rory - RIP (with my Aussie in the background)

Willow - RIP

Willow and Arwen the Aussie

Zander my Californian

I have 2 french lops as pet rabbits, and 8 new zealanders for meat rabbits I Got them both From a local breeders. My first time with chickens and my first time to venture this far in rabbits, aside From meat rabbits my daughter raised as a project in Jr. FFA. We we Happy to see those go, but that is before we lived on the farm.

Back
Top Bottom