Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
X2 my kits did that now their grown their food dish is higher up to make sure they can't do that its a health concern sorry just trying to be helpful the cutest things aren't always the healthiest.

Hello I have two bunny mixes both male brothers raised them since they were seven weeks old tiny little things they were! Now they are both about 2-4 lbs dwarf rabbits.They have lionhead,angora,& a few other breeds.Lately I have had a problem with barbering so with help from another bycer I am pretty sure it was due to boredom they don't have a lot to play with in their hutch for its kinda small so I'm going to get them a bigger hutch and some toys
smile.png
Are they neutered?, if not then my suggestion would be to separate them. Even if they look like they get along, they might not one day, and if worst comes to worse one of them could get castrated or even get killed

Are they neutered?, if not then my suggestion would be to separate them. Even if they look like they get along, they might not one day, and if worst comes to worse one of them could get castrated or even get killed

They are both full grown adults 1 year & 2 months old never ever had them fight once not even an aggressive scratch.They have nothing to fight over no lady rabbits are around to tease them.No they are not neutered.I am going to move them in a bigger hutch as soon as I can.

He doesn't sllep in his food dish all the time. But he is grown fast so in couple weeks he won't fit in it

Okay that's good. :)

Last edited:
Quote:
They are both full grown adults 1 & 2 months old never ever had them fight once not even an aggressive scratch.They have nothing to fight over no lady rabbits are around to tease them.No they are not neutered.I am going to move them in a bigger hutch as soon as I can.
Obviously, this is a typo, since rabbits aren't full grown until they are at least 6 months of age. They may continue to get along, or they may not - territory by itself can be worth fighting over.
roll.png
Whether you keep them together is entirely up to you. of course, but for Heaven's sake, be watchful and separate them at the first sign of conflict; rabbits can do horrible things to each other.

Does anyone have experience with weird overdue growth spurts? I have 2 does, ages 4.5 yrs and 3 yrs. They were sold to me as dwarves and have always been quite small-boned and light. But recently oh my! they have at least doubled in size and are absolutely enormous!! I thought it might be phantom pregnancies, but that surely doesn't account for a massive weight gain and overall growth? Might you be able to help me? @Bunnylady @BunnyLover44

Do you maybe overfeed them that would account to the largness of them?? But this is just an idea of why, I have no absolute answer.
I was away for a few weeks in December and they were in a much smaller enclosure, which probably decreased their activity, but they have the backyard to themselves again now with the same rations they always have. They're just bigger. At least 40% longer than a few weeks ago, and their heads have grown too. They remind me of Flemish Giants now. I could post pics...

Oh wow, well it could be possible of a late growth spirts, like humans sometimes have, it isn't impossible.
Does typically start to decrease in production at around 3 years of age. A lot of does don't live to be 4 1/2, most that do are effectively sterile (kind of like rabbit menopause). This isn't just a late growth spurt, it's like a person in their 50's or 60's suddenly growing several inches.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom